Ye Cracke, Liverpool - pub details

Ye Cracke

Address: 13 Rice Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 9BB [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 4454) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Liverpool Central (0.4 miles), Lime Street Liverpool (0.6 miles), James Street (0.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.8/10 (rated by 60 users)

Pilgrim, Liverpool (0.0 miles), Old Blind School, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Belvedere, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Fly in the Loaf, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Flute and Firkin, Liverpool (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Ye Cracke, Liverpool

Tried visiting here yesterday afternoon. But it was closed. I hope it isn't closed for good, as it is has been one of the city's better pubs. I don't believe it is, as there was a light on inside. But the front door was locked and the side door still had a shutter down. Disappointing. 0/10 based on this visit.
blue_scrumpy - 8 Jan 2017 15:49
This pub has reasonably amount of space for someone to find a seat or stand with their drink. At least 4 ales on.  3.20 for my pint of Southern Belle.  Lass on the bar was nice and the London lad sitting on the bar was a decent lad and was good to have a chat to about football and where he was from.  The atmosphere was nice and friendly, solid pub. The location of it probably means it doesn't get as busy as some of the other pubs around, definitely worth a visit.
Wezzielad - 17 Dec 2016 12:15
definitely worth a visit to an unchanged back street boozer.

Interesting Cottage Brewing Co Air Supremacy on - all the way from Somerset.

Listen to the constant sounds of the Beatles on the Jukebox.

Photos at my blog - http://bit.ly/2csv7Qs
Mappiman - 5 Sep 2016 12:00
I thought I'd better give this pub another visit yesterday, having not been there for a few months. It preceded another small crawl of the area including the Fly In The Loaf, the Roscoe Head (hopefully not my last visit there) and the Dispensary. There are so many decent real ale places in this area now, that anybody who visits Liverpool for its ale should make their way to this part of Liverpool. Although you won't stumble upon this pub in passing. It's situated up a narrow side street. I often consider the Cracke as one of my favourite pubs in Liverpool. But yesterday's visit wasn't the best. The ale range seemed a little reduced - Thwaites Original, Plassey Midnight Mild, Slaters Autumn Red & Black Country Chain Ale. The cider was Old Rosie. There were only 4 other customers and the barmaid present. But this is often a pub that gets busiest in the evening. I'm reducing my score slightly. But this is still one of the best 5/6 pubs in Liverpool in my opinion.
blue_scrumpy - 22 Nov 2015 19:31
Decent back street pub, uninspiring ale choice on my visit, but busy on a Saturday night.
pwilkins - 2 Apr 2015 10:51