Ye Cracke, Liverpool - pub details

Ye Cracke

Address: 13 Rice Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 9BB [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 4454) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Liverpool Central (0.4 miles), Lime Street Liverpool (0.6 miles), James Street (0.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.9/10 (rated by 58 users)

Pilgrim, Liverpool (0.0 miles), Old Blind School, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Belvedere, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Flute and Firkin, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Fly in the Loaf, Liverpool (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Ye Cracke, Liverpool

I thought I'd better give this pub another visit yesterday, having not been there for a few months. It preceded another small crawl of the area including the Fly In The Loaf, the Roscoe Head (hopefully not my last visit there) and the Dispensary. There are so many decent real ale places in this area now, that anybody who visits Liverpool for its ale should make their way to this part of Liverpool. Although you won't stumble upon this pub in passing. It's situated up a narrow side street. I often consider the Cracke as one of my favourite pubs in Liverpool. But yesterday's visit wasn't the best. The ale range seemed a little reduced - Thwaites Original, Plassey Midnight Mild, Slaters Autumn Red & Black Country Chain Ale. The cider was Old Rosie. There were only 4 other customers and the barmaid present. But this is often a pub that gets busiest in the evening. I'm reducing my score slightly. But this is still one of the best 5/6 pubs in Liverpool in my opinion.
blue_scrumpy - 22 Nov 2015 19:31
Decent back street pub, uninspiring ale choice on my visit, but busy on a Saturday night.
pwilkins - 2 Apr 2015 10:51
Always worth a drop by ale is generally good but you can get the odd iffy one which they usually change. Some rougher and quirkier elements to come in for an ale.
Snarling_Mallard - 25 Nov 2014 17:39
Still one of my favourite Liverpool pubs. It was reasonably busy early on a Saturday evening. The ale range didn't appear to be as good as normal - Thwaites Original, Hart of Preston Lord of the Glen, Heavy Industry 77, JW Lees The Governor & Robinsons Trooper. The real cider was Rosie's Crack en Juice. I'd never seen this one before. Perhaps it has been specially made for the Cracke. Tucked out of the way and off the beaten track.
blue_scrumpy - 19 Oct 2014 21:15
We must have gone there on an off day because the woman behind the bar looked at us as if we were shite and never bothered to come back and serve us, so we had to leave. Perhaps I reminded her of her ex-husband or summat. Well it'll save me nearly breaking my bl**dy neck walking down the horrible cobbly street again.
shouldersarms - 28 Apr 2014 20:32