The Beehive Inn, Cheltenham - pub details

Address: 1-3, Montpellier Villas, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 2XE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 31844) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train station Cheltenham Spa (1 mile)

> Current user rating: 7.3/10 (rated by 12 users)

Swan, Cheltenham (0.1 miles), Bar 50, Cheltenham (0.1 miles), Morans Eating House, Cheltenham (0.1 miles), Jolly Brewmaster, Cheltenham (0.2 miles), Exmouth Arms, Cheltenham (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Beehive Inn, Cheltenham

Back street corner pub. Wooden floors and furniture, small garden at rear and front garden/patio not to be used after 9:30. Bath Ales Gem £3.30. Must be nice in winter when the large fire is roaring. Bar food was ok
rpf1955 - 15 Jul 2013 17:17
Nice pub with good selection of ales (Harveys on the go at the time). Clearly popular and a good atmosphere, but in an area desperate for a champion pub the interior is a bit shabby.
oldbutnew - 14 Jul 2012 20:54
Visited here on Sunday - very decent backstreet boozer. Pleasant staff - all ladies - who seemed to be reasonably knowlegable of ale though they were struggling with a lively 'Pride of Oxford ale' & a barrell change for the Gem.
Cheltenham SPA was nicely kept.
Food choice looked promising & ambience of the place is welcoming.
Worth finding.
downsview - 8 May 2012 10:19
Race week the place was busy and lively, nice little pub, spolied only by one barman with the manners of a stone. Not the first time his miserable looking face has served me. Still, don't let that detract from the atmopshere of a decent British pub, do they pump the smell of sheep shit in? Only the Beehive knows...
steve - 19 Mar 2012 14:34
Visited this establishment during "race week" I had booked a table on line as I had heard good reports and they also accept "Taste Card".
Arrived to be told their E-mail wasnít working, I tried to explain that I had booked a table and that I had wanted confirmation about my discount card (Usual restrictions applied but not during race week).
Eventually a table was found and food ordered, Guinness was fine and food was tasty and well presented.
Problems then started when paying for the evening, my taste card was refused by the waitress and I asked to speak with the manager.
Gentlemen duly appeared and told me he didnít want me to speak as he was talking. We were told that 100% we would be paying for the meal, but we were then offered a concession of not paying for the drink (which to be fair was an amicable settlement) Before we were given a chance to discuss the offer the "Manager" changed his mind and we were ordered off the premises with an instruction to the "bouncer" "these people are leaving now".
So to summarise, Food good, beer fine, venue back street, customer service.... I will leave that to you to decide!

neillwebb - 19 Mar 2012 13:49