The Swan, Cheltenham - pub details

Swan
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4]

Address: 37 High Street, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 2AQ [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 14837) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train station Cheltenham Spa (1 mile)

> Current user rating: 7.8/10 (rated by 17 users)

Bar 50, Cheltenham (0.0 miles), Beehive Inn, Cheltenham (0.1 miles), Morans Eating House, Cheltenham (0.1 miles), Jolly Brewmaster, Cheltenham (0.1 miles), Exmouth Arms, Cheltenham (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Swan, Cheltenham

Pleasant and welcoming pub with good food and good - if predictable - beers. Live music nights in the Sshh Bar to the rear of the pub are a rare treat.
darkskytourist - 20 May 2015 15:55
Somewhat overrates itself on its Web site: not unpleasant but I find it utterly anodyne.

Essentially a contemporary lager house, with a nod to ale (and mine on 15/10 - Jennings Cumberland - not of the first order).

There are much better houses in Cheltenham.
grovetown - 16 Oct 2009 16:11
I travelled up from London last weekend and on the recomendation of friends, went to The Swan.
I didnt expect to find such a unique place in Cheltenham. Decor was welcoming but funky, i especially liked picture of the Queen and school pictures of the regulars. Even though the place was packed, we got served promptly and with a smile. The food was very tasty. Good quality without being gastro. There is a very pretty walled garden out the back where we enjoyed good PImms and even better ales.
This place compares favourably with the more expensive places in Montpellier area.

Louise
Clapham
rebeccahall - 26 May 2009 15:13
Lunched here recently while visiting friends. As Steve notes, this is a former Pub of the Year for the local CAMRA branch: in fact, I think the posters behind the bar suggest it won that title three years running (2005 to 2007). It's certainly a good pub, although I'm not sure it's in the very highest echelons of British pubs. The pub has a very nice, relaxed and airy atmosphere to it which I very much enjoyed - our friends have a young baby and it was quiet and peaceful enough for their baby to have a peaceful sleep in its pram while we all ate. Ale-wise, three were available - perhaps slightly fewer than I'd expect from a CAMRA champion but they were all interesting, and the couple of pints of Brakspears' Gold I had were very drinkable. The food was good as well, although they did that thing I dislike of having a pretty limited selection of dishes available on a Sunday.
grecian - 26 May 2009 11:42