The Dukes Head, Walthamstow - pub details

Address: 112 Wood Street, London, E17 3HX [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 29527) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube station Walthamstow Central (0.8 miles)

Nearest train stations Wood Street (0.1 miles), Walthamstow Central (0.8 miles), Walthamstow Queens Road (1.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 3.7/10 (rated by 14 users)
> Local guide: East London pub guide

Flower Pot, Walthamstow (0.0 miles), Lord Brooke, Walthamstow (0.2 miles), Pig and Whistle, Walthamstow (0.2 miles), Plough, Walthamstow (0.2 miles), College Arms, Walthamstow (0.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Dukes Head, Walthamstow

I remember walking past this pub a few years ago to visit the Flower Pot. I didn't go in at the time. Maybe I should have, as I now appear to have missed the boat. The pub is currently closed. I'm not sure if it's just for a refurbishment, or whether it's closed for good. But the inside did look like a building site.
blue_scrumpy - 18 May 2015 18:56
My partner and I went there last Friday. We walked in because we heard a really good band playing live music. They were great, the atmosphere was good and everybody seemed to be enjoying it. When they finished playing the landlady refused to pay them the agreed fee while being rude and abusive towards the musicians yelling things such as: 'Take it or leave it... and then F off' and much worse than that. It was so uncalled for!!! Plus she did it in front of us and the remaining customers who were also disgusted at her behaviour.

I haven't been in that pub in months because it is always too quiet (I wonder why) and I won't be going there ever again. Disgusting!
Amanda67 - 12 May 2014 18:40
Okay in it's own way - locals pub with sizeable band space. Was quite a mixed clientelle when I went in but the lcoals aren't the most endearing and the ale (a pint of Hotspur in this case) could have been better and was a struggle to drink.
Snarling_Mallard - 27 Apr 2014 21:22
I very much agree with previous reviewer, 'steviewonder' that the regulars on first entry stare, and there is a lack of a welcoming vibe. 'Cliquey'. Lager ok, bright pub which is nice. Live Rock music seems popular there, slightly dated, which probably reflects with the predominately aged clientelle.
Shan't be going there in a hurry.
barflysprings474 - 27 Apr 2010 13:52
Went to this pub friday night live band was playing, was a good night. Also went in saturday night to finish off the weekend disco was playing even a better night Good selection of ales, very nice pint.Clean and tidy pub with friendly bar staff. Worth another visit.
TGSM - 7 Feb 2010 21:18