The Royal Oak, Lasham - pub details

Address: Lasham, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 5SJ [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 19976) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train station Alton (3.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.6/10 (rated by 19 users)

Lasham Gliding Club, Alton (0.8 miles), Fur and Feathers, Herriard (1.3 miles), Sun Inn, Bentworth (1.5 miles), Star Inn, Bentworth (1.6 miles), Star Inn, Bentworth (1.6 miles)

user reviews of the Royal Oak, Lasham

Superb food and drink. Excellent service and the staff especially are friendly and always helpful.
I've been going there for nearly five years and have never been dissapointed.

GEZ666 - 1 Sep 2009 14:58
good beer choice and quality, nice garden to sit in and while away the hours if it is sunny
CaptainDave - 3 Jun 2009 14:39
Have just returned on this sweltering day from visiting this pub for a recce. It's a lovely setting for a country pub and I wondered if that would be reflected in the price of the menu,drinks etc. At first glance mains averaging 13 seemed a bit steep for the purse so mrs bear & myself opted for roasts (turkey & beef)@ 9.50 each. In my opinion the roast is a good barometer of the general food standard in a given pub, so here goes.
Meals duly arrived from the friendly efficient member of staff 15 mins or so after ordering. Everything on the plate (plus cauli cheese as seperate dish) was lovely and worth every bear penny!
I must confess that I can't comment on the beer quality as due to the strangely clement weather I was drinking Guinness but I think there were 4 real ales on tap. To conclude this pup gets the 'bear stamp' of approval for food and convivialty....happy days
alebear - 27 Jul 2008 16:36
Please note I accidentally posted this regarding the wrong pub! I mistakenly clicked on this instead of the Royal Oak at Lower Farringdon! The one at Lasham is ok!
HealeyDriver - 15 Jul 2008 18:13
Like this place.. this time we we mob-handed (5) and all had the Ringwood Best. Landlord is on top of his job and and handled us in proper style.. courteous and obliging. Didn't get 'purpleronnie's' flavour of cliquey locals, but ours was a flying visit (no pun intended) so time was short.
Glenco - 17 Apr 2008 23:24