The Ostrich Inn, Colnbrook - pub details

Ostrich Inn

Address: 42, High St, Colnbrook, Slough, Berkshire, SL3 0JZ [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 16542) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Sunnymeads (1.9 miles), Langley (2 miles), Iver (2 miles)

> Current user rating: 4.9/10 (rated by 49 users)

Ye Olde George, Colnbrook (0.0 miles), Red Lion, Colnbrook (0.0 miles), Queens Arms, Colnbrook (0.2 miles), Star and Garter, Colnbrook (0.2 miles), Punch Bowl, Colnbrook (0.6 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Ostrich Inn, Colnbrook

Dick Jarmam , a landlord from Medieval days is said to have murdered up to 60 guests at this pub by tipping them out of their beds through a trapdoor into a boiling cauldron below.
Tuna - 25 Feb 2017 14:26
Rumour is they just got 3 out of 5 as a hygiene award, which means "Generally Satisfactory".

Food must be much better than their beer, that's all I can say!

Funnily enough, Colnbrook Immigration Removal Centre, which helps repatriate unwanted immigrants, got 5 out of 5.

colen - 20 Jan 2014 14:31
Dear Phillip,
you asked me to come into your pub. You asked me to retract my previous review because your bitter was perfect. You refused to allow me to taste your "perfect" bitter.
I have never called you a French wanker as I am certainly no racist. You on the other hand apparently cannot keep real ale or accept criticism. I cannot make it any clearer to you or any other user of this website. I want a pub which offers:
A nice drinking environment.
A nice selection of good quality drinks.
Good hygiene.
You fail most certainly on the first two. Do you really think I would want to come and drink in a below aveage environment with rubbish beer just because you can clean glasses? Sorry but I do not.
Please be assured that I have no interest in drinking in any establishment you manage.
colen - 9 Nov 2013 10:43
I was relieved to find this place when stranded in a hole up the road just a few years back.

I thought the food was OK as was the beer, but a bit pricey perhaps.

However, as some have said that might have kept some local clowns out.

I must say though, in general on BITE, personal disputes between management and posters always look bad: it's really for the punters to fight it out amongst themselves. If a place is good they'll usually come to its defence against unfair criticism.

Owners and staff are advised to leave it to customer reviewers.
eddybeer - 2 Oct 2013 21:13
Dear Colen, Regarding your first review: You did target me as A "French w..ker" who knows Best??? Why then would you come back to taste my beer as you think.. in fact that is you who knows Best?
The irony of this situation make me smile... as did not ask you to come back???
Please be ensured that I am going to enjoy right now one of My Most Awfull Pint of Real Ale.
I shall see you in 2 years time ;-)
theostrichmanager - 2 Oct 2013 20:17