Wetherspoons, Leeds - pub details

Wetherspoons

Address: 1 City Square, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 4DT [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 13363) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Leeds (0 miles), Burley Park (1.9 miles), Cottingley (2.5 miles)

Chain: Wetherspoons

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 5.6/10 (rated by 31 users)

White Rose Bar, Leeds (0.1 miles), Hop, Leeds (0.1 miles), Scarbrough Hotel, Leeds (0.1 miles), Bar Censsa, Leeds (0.1 miles), Bundobust, Leeds (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Wetherspoons, Leeds

A Sunday afternoon visit while I had a 45 minute wait between trains.

10 ales on the hand pumps, I had a decent pint of Dukeries Farmers Branch @ 5.0%.

It was pretty busy but with plenty of bar staff on, the service was quick and attentive.I have used this 'spoons several times over the last few years , its one of the better station pubs, never problem getting served, pleasant clientele and decent ale.
lezford - 16 Feb 2017 13:57
Obviously a Spoons which is easy for a train you need to get. It is quite pricey for Spoons ale but it's quite nice. I find Spoons ale can be okay but not good. This spoons does nice real ale and the staff are quite nice and considerate when I've been in. Can be good if you want a pint or two before you're off out as well if you've come in by train.
Wezzielad - 1 Dec 2016 03:37
Very handy place for a quick one when there is little time between trains, which is why I am a frequent visitor (there are pubs I prefer to visit not far from the station when time permits). However, the ale here is always in good condition in my experience, and I enjoyed a quick pint of Saltaire Elderflower Blonde on Saturday evening. The place was very busy as usual.
Stamfordian - 8 Feb 2016 01:02
Excellent choice of beers, I come in often, and this pub always seems to have a varied choice of local breweries, even if they do favour Leeds and Kirkstall. Can be very busy however, with it being in the Train Station, and being so small. Still, good quality pints and friendly staff. Would Recommend.
JoHo92 - 27 Dec 2015 09:51
Popped in on Sunday week for a quick pint while I waited for train to be prepared.

Good choice of ales on the pumps and I opted for a local brew Wharfe Bank, Lanterne Rouge @ 4.4%.

Cheap ‘Spoons prices.

Pretty much banged out, there was a large and noisy group of women I guess either finishing or starting a hen party!

The only pub on Leeds station I have used, no complaints from me.

lezford - 22 Jul 2014 14:19