Richard I, Greenwich - pub details

Richard I
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: 52-54 Royal Hill, Greenwich, London, SE10 8RT [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 1202) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest DLR stations Greenwich (0.3 miles), Cutty Sark (0.5 miles), Deptford Bridge (0.6 miles)

Nearest train stations Greenwich (0.2 miles), Maze Hill (0.7 miles), St Johns (0.8 miles)

Brewery: Young's

> Current user rating: 6.7/10 (rated by 123 users)

Greenwich Union, Greenwich (0.0 miles), Prince Albert, Greenwich (0.0 miles), Hill, Greenwich (0.1 miles), Morden Arms, Greenwich (0.1 miles), Rose and Crown, Greenwich (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Richard I, Greenwich

Popped in here for lunch over the Easter weekend. Food was good, but the beer prices were way over the top, Young's bitter £4.15, Beavertown Neck Oil £5.50!!!!
Large Glass of Pinot £8.20. taking the piss or what.
When we arrived the bar person cleaned the table, but just wiped the food onto the floor to join the the bits already there. Liked the pub but not the prices or cleanliness.
rpf1955 - 17 Apr 2017 10:39
Probably the worst Pub we have ever been to in Greenwich, young girl behind the Bar didn't have a clue how to pull a Pint, and kept asking the Landlady ( I presume ) for some help, but she was too busy filling her face with food at the end of the Bar to help her. Quite embarrasing to be a customer in here TBH.....The place was filthy all round, and as soon as my Wife came back from the Toilets, said lets get out of here, I'm not drinking in this shithole, so we left, and I wouldn't be surprised if that poor girl is STILL trying to pull a Pint......AVOID.......
DuncanDisorderly - 30 Dec 2016 21:30
Small Young's pub on a hill near the Park. Probably suffers from the competition from the trendier Grand Union next door (literally next door, two pubs right next to each other), but does all right notwithstanding.
rainlight - 3 May 2016 09:08
We hadn't been to the Richard I for a few months and decided to pop in for a lunchtime drink. There was a decent range of cask ales on offer, but we opted for the Young's "Ordinary" which used to be exceptional - now sadly ordinary would be a generous description. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, it could have been down to the time of day - 12.20pm? But what was unforgivable, was that Young's in their infinite wisdom have changed the traditional pub sign to some indescribable "creation" - perhaps their money would be better spent on improving the beer quality. As a result we just had the one before heading to The Mitre.
DaveE6 - 24 Mar 2016 10:27
Sadly Sandra and Mark who were managing the Richard I have been moved by Young's to The Wood House on Sydenham Hill. A great shame since Sandra always gave such a fantastic welcome, and Mark made sure the beers (the "Ordinary" in particular) were always served on top form. I hope that Sandra and Mark are both happy and successful with this change - but I can't help thinking The Pelton Arms will be getting more of my custom in the future?
DaveE6 - 11 Jul 2015 08:54