The Morden Arms, Greenwich - pub details

Morden Arms

Address: 1, Brand St, London, SE10 8SP [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 3674) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest DLR stations Greenwich (0.2 miles), Cutty Sark (0.5 miles), Deptford Bridge (0.5 miles)

Nearest train stations Greenwich (0.2 miles), St Johns (0.7 miles), Deptford (0.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.4/10 (rated by 24 users)

Hill, Greenwich (0.1 miles), Prince Albert, Greenwich (0.1 miles), Greenwich Union, Greenwich (0.1 miles), Richard I, Greenwich (0.1 miles), Royal George, Greenwich (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Morden Arms, Greenwich

The Morden appeared to be undergoing decoration when I went, so it wasn't obvious until I got close that it was open. What a nice surprise however---good beer, nice staff and a lively atmosphere. There was a 7-piece trad jazz band who filled the place up. It was nice also to be over 30 and not to feel old in a pub!
16jamesdoc - 28 Apr 2017 09:01
We stumbled across this place on a Saturday night and were very impressed. It had a great atmosphere and people were really friendly. People of all ages were there enjoying themselves. There was a blues due playing, who were good fun. I can't comment on the beer as I was drinking shorts.

It might have been more lively than usual as it was after the Blackheath fireworks. We shall have to return again to find out.
Hedonista - 6 Nov 2016 12:02
Still the best pub in Greenwich for conversation and music.
valis4 - 2 Mar 2015 16:09
The Modern is a pub I have never been in, in Greenwich so I thought a Tuesday afternoon would be the ideal time….wrong!

I approached from the main road and it looked very much open, sign board outside and the door open…however upon entering there was just a woman sat towards the end of the bar with a cuppa & reading the paper.

1pm and it’s not open….I shall try again on another day!
lezford - 23 Dec 2014 16:45
Firstly I would like to mention how nice the pub SHOULD be. Great location, great customers, great live music.

But.
Beer is awful, the cask is always sour, or cloudy and smelly. I'm sure the Truman brewers would be extremely insulted to see their beer sold in such a way.
Staff need to stop selling this slop. if they do not know how to handle cask then they should hire a cellar-man.
Drunken Irish landlord always on duty.
Tables never cleaned during service.
If you don't take your own glasses back to the bar they stay there for hours.

I really like this pub and have tried to really want to make it my local but its just too bloody dirty, glassware, tables bad beer. Please try and clean the linse once a week ,and have a little more thought for the customer.
allornothing - 11 Sep 2014 12:03