King Harold, Harold Wood - pub details

King Harold

Address: 51 Station Road, Harold Wood, Essex, RM3 0BS [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 10262) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Harold Wood (0.1 miles), Gidea Park (1.5 miles), Emerson Park (1.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 4.9/10 (rated by 42 users)

Ardleigh and Dragon, Hornchurch (1.5 miles), Archers, Gidea Park (1.5 miles), Ship, Gidea Park (1.5 miles), Nags Head, Brentwood (1.6 miles), Bear, Romford (1.7 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of King Harold, Harold Wood

Don't take any notice of the curmudgeons who 'dis' this pub. I remember the place when it was a REAL dive. Now it has been spruced up and has a modern, friendly atmosphere. My wife and I took an old friend in a wheelchair and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Disabled access was superb. We ate a very pleasant, reasonably priced Sunday lunch followed by tasty puddings. Okay, so they only have two real ales on, but they are well kept and the price is average for the area. I would go there again.
HornchurchJohn - 9 Oct 2016 18:19
Horrible place with very miserable staff - especially the girl with brown hair and 3 kilos of makeup. Smile girl! that's your job. Don't scare off customers with your miserable face.
Won't go there again.
Tobey - 24 Aug 2016 10:19
Here on Saturday last and there is no doubt this is a very smart pub.
However there is a big sign outside that says:-
"A Fantastic Range of Cask Ale always available at the King Harold"
That is NOT what you get inside as they only have TWO hand pulls.
On this occasion one was blank and the other had Golden Hen which was ok and cost £3.30 a pint.
Time to remove that misleading sign I think!!!!!!
bjbrummiejohn - 31 May 2016 08:33
Loved the reviews on here :-)

After completing another stage of the London Loop, I was delighted to find a clean, modern pub with a roaring fire to dry off in front of.

Packed solid for a Saturday Afternoon.

Two beers on - Speckled Hen and Doom Bar. Both were in average condition.
Mappiman - 4 Jan 2015 13:14
I had a fantastic Christmas meal with my colleagues here, the staff paid us lots of attention and the food was gorgeous. Everybody had a great time and we stayed for a few extra drinks as well. Loved it so much we have decided to book our next staff party at the here! - from the bakery ladies. (local business)

andrea11 - 29 Dec 2014 22:05