The Quicksilver Mail, Yeovil - pub details

Quicksilver Mail
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: 168 Hendford Hill, Yeovil, Somerset, BA20 2RG [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 22715) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Yeovil Junction (1.6 miles), Yeovil Pen Mill (1.7 miles), Thornford (3.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.7/10 (rated by 14 users)

Yew Tree, Yeovil (0.3 miles), Railway Hotel, Yeovil (0.4 miles), William Dampier, Yeovil (0.4 miles), Coopers Mill, Yeovil (0.4 miles), Manor Hotel, Yeovil (0.6 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Quicksilver Mail, Yeovil

Should be "Doesn't deserve"
cellarbuoy - 27 May 2012 08:56
Only visted this pub as its on the Somerset CAMRAs pub trail. God only knows why as it does deserve to be on any good pub guide (except perhaps a Yeovil pub guide)
Not much of a choice of ales, tribute, Adnams and something else. 3.40 a pint, bloody hell, I should have walked out there and then. Even at that price it was far from exceptional.
Although I drive past here regularly I have never been here before, and I wont be back
cellarbuoy - 26 May 2012 23:01
Difficult not to be biased as I have known the Landlord (Pete) for a long time, but am not a regular as I live so distance away. However, I have always received a warm welcome from the staff, the beer is good (in the GBG regularly) and Pete is a big music fan and has a lot of bands performing here including 'names'. Personally I would like to see Pete running a few other pubs I could name...
Driver67 - 18 Jan 2011 15:27
Not a regular, perhaps 5 or 6 times a year, here but always assured of a good welcome and a decent pint (or two) of Broadside (3.25) - in spite of the sign outside which reads 'Cold Food, Warm Beer, Grumpy Landlord' No sign of aforementioned barmaid.
brianagain - 26 Nov 2010 20:47
Went here on Saturday before the match (although it's not within easy walking distance of the ground - see below). There's a sign outside which reads (something like) 'good food, good beer, grumpy landlord'. Well he wasn't. He was very friendly and made us feel more than welcome.
I thought that the beer was good but not brilliant and it was expensive at 3:10 for a pint of Tribute. It was the only pub in Yeovil that we went in so I don't know how it compares to the others on price.
The food was OK. The lunchtime menu has various main meals for a fiver. The portions weren't over generous but you got veg and potatoes, which made a nice change from the ubiquitous portion of chips. What food there was, was very nice and like I said it was only a fiver, so can't really complain about the portion size.
One thing I did find a bit strange. The landlord asked how we intended to get from the pub to the match. We told him taxi and he advised setting off at 13:30 if we didn't want to be get there too close to kick-off as the traffic, he said, was horrendous on matchdays. I'd already booked the cab for 14:15 and we decided to stick with that. It turned up on time and dropped us right outside the away end turnstiles before 14:30. Landlords idea of a joke?
JCsbrogues - 18 Oct 2010 15:29