The Tattersalls Tavern, Knightsbridge - pub details

Tattersalls Tavern

Address: 2, Knightsbridge Green, London, SW1X 7QA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 633) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Knightsbridge (0.1 miles), Hyde Park Corner (0.5 miles), Sloane Square (0.7 miles)

Nearest train stations London Victoria (1 mile), London Paddington (1.2 miles), London Marylebone (1.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.8/10 (rated by 35 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, Central London pub guide

Paxtons Head, Knightsbridge (0.0 miles), Tea Clipper, Knightsbridge (0.2 miles), Gloucester, Knightsbridge (0.2 miles), Beauchamp, Knightsbridge (0.3 miles), Swag and Tails, Knightsbridge (0.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Tattersalls Tavern, Knightsbridge

This pub is an utter disgrace: Getting on for 6 pounds a pint and other copious overpricing. They make a lot of money during the summer from charity softball league that plays in Hyde Park, but moves are afoot for a boycott and account of their greed and lack of respect for customers.
jjamjj - 30 May 2014 00:03
Taylor Walker pub in the height of Knightsbridge.

I have visited this touristy pub for a beer before but never eaten here. The food was fine my king prawn sandwich with salad at £6.00 was pretty spot on

4 pumps with 3 ales on. Brains SA gold, Black Sheep best bitter and Moreland Old Speckled Hen.

As I had a local meeting I stuck to the orange juice and lemonade.

lezford - 25 Jun 2013 14:20
We mostly assembled at 6.45, and this gave ample opportunity to 'people watch' (especially as Brighty was a bit late, and John a bit early, for him). Entertainment was provided by the loud couple at the Bar spilling their 'champers', and the couple having the argument; no sign of Vanda however :( ... it took 2 round of drinks for people to understand my joke about one of the real ales 'The Titanic is going down well' ... what is it they say, never work with Children, animals and ex-colleagues, oh well. No matter, we enjoyed ourselves and then pigeon-stepped our way (for the entire 92 steps) across to Senior S's, whereupon we bade Valerie a fond farewell.
Happy Days.
alumnigroup - 19 Apr 2013 17:26
Has the worst pub manager I have ever come across. A mess named Vanda. Do not ask this woman anything regarding what drinks they do, as you will be refused service. In fact, if she is in there, I would recommend not bothering her at all, because she gets extremely angry just having to get her fat arse up off a seat.
She can breath fire and smoke bellows out through her self important nose!
Bar_Stard_Face - 12 Aug 2011 16:51
To Murgatroyd I set a challenge - in this shopping Mecca called Knightsbridge can he tell me a pub not geared up to feed the shoppers? As Harrods is the number 1 free destination in London for visitors it would be strange if a few of them didn't want fed and a soon to close pub that didn't take their money. I live near the Tatts and know they open at 9am for their regular currency traders who work nights, the ad agency next door use it as their second office, the staff help a local elderly couple home with their shopping every day and the Harrods staff are mostly known by name and certainly by what we drink. I was even invited on their staff away day to Thorpe Park and while I couldn't go other customers did. So yes there are hundreds of tourists at lunch but this is not all the Tatts is geared up for. Is it perfect? No. Is it worth getting to know the staff and having a "local" in town. Definitely. Especially as the Paxtons is so poorly run, the TeaClipper is up it's own arse and the Bunch of Grapes only sells God awful Greene King ales.
thirstyboy - 3 Jan 2011 03:27