The Prince of Wales, Farnborough - pub details

Prince of Wales

Address: 184, Rectory Rd, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 8AL [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 6279) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Website: theprinceinfarnborough.co.uk

Nearest train stations Farnborough North (0.1 miles), Farnborough (0.6 miles), Frimley (0.9 miles)

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 7.4/10 (rated by 79 users)

Imperial Arms, Farnborough (0.1 miles), Ham and Blackbird, Farnborough (0.5 miles), Ship, Farnborough (0.5 miles), Rose and Thistle, Frimley Green (0.6 miles), Old Wheatsheaf, Frimley Green (0.7 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Prince of Wales, Farnborough

Great to see that a pub where it all about the beer can still be a viable business these days.
wrinkley - 27 Jan 2013 15:32
At the time of writing this pub has a 7.4/10. I am rather shocked by this. Fantastic range of real ales in great condition. Proper pub that's been in the Good Beer Guide for over 30 years. 9/10 for me.
Abteilung - 13 Oct 2012 20:48
Been visiting this place (admittedly irregularly) for over 10 years - still a gem that I'd be more than happy to have as my local! Excellent choice of ales at all times, with friendly staff and locals to boot - keep up the good work!
DocD - 28 Mar 2012 16:46
Visited on Saturday 13 August. Regular beers were pride, Summer Lightning, Youngs Ordinary, Ringwood 49er and Hophead. Guest beers were Downton All Rounder, Youngs Special, Bingham's Ginger Doodle Stout and Surrey Hills Ranmore with Andwell Gold Muddler listed as a session beer at 2.80 a pint. Others were generally 3.20 - 3.50. Decent boozer, welcoming.
GuideDogSaint - 19 Aug 2011 10:51
I attended the POW on Saturday 2nd July 2011 on my way to my children's school summer fete (terrible parent I know!) and enjoyed a pint of Ringwood 49er and the great Hop Back Summer Lightning. Also on offer was a pint of youngs plus two others which escape me at present plus thatchers cider a fine Somerset brew!
Whilst there I noticed the all day breakfast being brought out which looked fantastic!
I love this pub, everything is right about it. No wonder it is being awarded Hampshire pub of the year on Tuesday 12th July 2011. Apparently there is morris dancing in the street! I can't wait.
Brilliant boozer, lovely drinkers and great beer. 10/10