The Plumbers Arms, Victoria - pub details

Address: 14 Lower Belgrave St, London, SW1W 0LN [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 498) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Victoria (0.1 miles), Hyde Park Corner (0.5 miles), Sloane Square (0.5 miles)

Nearest train stations London Victoria (0.2 miles), London Charing Cross (1.4 miles), Battersea Park (1.4 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.8/10 (rated by 36 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, Central London pub guide

Victoria, Victoria (0.1 miles), Shakespeare, Victoria (0.1 miles), Club Bar, Victoria (0.1 miles), Grouse and Claret, Belgravia (0.1 miles), Kings Arms, Victoria (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Plumbers Arms, Victoria

A Spirit Group 'Taylor Walker' brand pub (ie Nicholsons done on the cheap) but a cut above the norm. This is where Lady Lucan fled to raise the alarm and although she wouldn't recognise it now, it is still a pleasant pub. Unlike some reviewers I had great service on a busy early evening, and a great pint of the guest, Harveys.
curioushistory - 26 Mar 2012 18:51
Nice pub if you like your ale poured from the slops tray into your pint glass by the barmaid as witnessed from the window last friday. Am sure it happens but i have never actually witnessed it before. Spoke to the manager who seemed genuine in his response but equally culpable....i mean why would a barmaid think it is OK to do that???!!! she topped this by getting on her high horse when my (admittedly worse-for-wear)mate knocked over her barrier outside.

Will very definitely not be rushing back and would make no recommendation that you do either....
elkapitan - 19 Dec 2011 09:40

elkapitan - 19 Dec 2011 09:40
Met up with some work colleagues for a few beers last night and all was going well till we decided to finish off our beers outside - as was getting busy where we were seated. As we were standing up to go out, a woman who later identified herself as the manager, was pushing past us to clear the table. I remarked that if she could hold on a little bit whilst we vacated the area then it would be easier for all concerned, and her response was rude, aggressive and down right bad mannered, and worst of all had the view she was in the right, when clearly it was not a case of who was right, more the principle behind the event and was physically in our way and making it inconvenient for us to vacate the seating area, further enhanced as was near the toilet area, and main reason we decided to move outside
Be wary if you venture here and come across theis unhospitable "manager", a nice pub, but totally spoilt by the "manager". I certainly wont be rushing back
thezimbobeermonster - 28 Oct 2011 15:40
Now this is a pretty great pub. Not totally convinced about the layout but the emphasis (everytime I've been in) is on getting the real ale served right and that the punters are happy. Two watchwords and thinking ideas for others to follow I shouldn't venture. I used to attend meetings here and the ale and selection was always good. You do get a variety of customers inc. high profile types, heavy businessmen(women) types, ale connoisseurs, visiting foreigners and tourists, blokes and totty on the pull. I've even seen members of the cloth and other faiths in there. I've had the Young’s Bitter last time in and it was most satisfactory. At a bit less than £3 a pint isn't bad and the service was good behind the bar and the girl glass collecting was doing a fine job.
The plasce gets busy regularly so the seating can be a bit of a havoc at times and the tiny gents toilet downstairs is a bit strange but it works. I would agree that it is not very Belgravia & more Victoria but there are several worse pubs in the Victoria area. my attention was disturbed as some business dressed woman kept eyeing me up and offering views down her shirt - it didn't make the beer taste any better but it was fantastic to see 100 great sporting moments flash thru my grey inertia while the man hunter shaked her tail.
Mcloj - 13 Jul 2011 12:49