The Greyfriar, Reading - pub details

Address: 53 Greyfriars Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 1PA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 45008) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Reading (0.2 miles), Reading West (0.7 miles), Tilehurst (2.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.5/10 (rated by 4 users)

Gateway, Reading (0.0 miles), Bamboo, Reading (0.1 miles), Three Guineas, Reading (0.1 miles), Afroba, Reading (0.1 miles), Xensations, Reading (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Greyfriar, Reading

Near station. No food yet - though new menu promised in near future. Comfy soft sofas and quite busy despite lack of food.
Trev - 7 Apr 2017 20:12
I reviewed the Greyfriar under its former name back in September last year. I really enjoyed my visit and wrote that it was handy for the station. Last night with 20 minutes to spare between trains, I had the bright idea to pop in for a swift half. Sadly, a group of 4 people just beat me to the entrance door and embarked on ordering the most obscure items and then paying with a card. After they were finally served, I was left with only 5-10 minutes before my train and guess what - the young barmaid decided to serve somebody else who had just come to the bar. I cut my losses at this point, used the facilities and left. It would appear that it is not so handy for the station, the ale range has been reduced to just two ales, service is poor, you will be lucky to get a beer on the same evening you walked in. But the toilets were clean and served a purpose. So the place does therefore merit a 1/10.
blue_scrumpy - 21 Dec 2016 20:31
Superb re-addition to the real ale scene near the station. With 3 Guineas now a Fullers this will now be our choice for between trains stop in Reading. It's less than 5 minutes walk; turn right from the main station exit and down the slope and it's straight ahead. Very interesting range of 6 beers, including a stout. Highly recommended.
Steamer1 - 27 Sep 2015 11:00