Green Dragon, Beverley - pub details

Green Dragon

Address: 51 Saturday Market, Beverley, East Yorkshire, HU17 8AA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 37192) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Beverley (0.4 miles), Arram (3.2 miles), Cottingham (4.5 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.3/10 (rated by 13 users)

Kings Head Hotel, Beverley (0.0 miles), Windmill, Beverley (0.1 miles), Chequers, Beverley (0.1 miles), White Horse Inn, Beverley (0.1 miles), Royal Standard Hotel, Beverley (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Green Dragon, Beverley

The Green Dragon is a very misleading pub for me , from the outside it looks okay but slighty tired, however internally it has a lot about it.

It's huge and has at least 3 different areas, with a TV in 2 of the areas and another in the doorway. We stopped here to watch the football in Sunday night.

The long bar has 10 hand pumps , 8 ales Old Rosie cider and the other spare, I had a few pints of Rooster's California Common @ 4.2%. Cheap pub this one a pint of ale and a whiskey & coke for £5.45, so cheap I had to check the barman had put whiskey in the wife's drink!

Stopped here for a couple of hours, friendly barman, pretty busy, the pub sells sizzling plates of steak and ribs etc, all smelt good.

I don't normally do reviews on pub toilets but it has to be noted that the gents toilets here were spotless.

Out of the 6 pubs I visited in Beverley this was one of my favourites, there was just something very welcoming and decent about it.
lezford - 11 Jul 2016 19:13
I was expecting great things but was very disappointed by the national look to the beer selection, menu and surroundings. A better choice of beers would have helped.
Steamer1 - 23 Jul 2015 20:37
I think the ratings are too high for this pub. Mainly national beers. One unusual porter had just run out. Food OK but very much on Wetherspoons line and some options had run out as well. Much better options for food and beer in Beverley.
Rocky53 - 20 Jul 2015 19:51
Just moved to Beverley. Went for quiet pm drink and was pleasantly surprised. Large pub but still cosy , with friendly staff who let me have a taster of a lovely ale which I cant remember the name of, but better than the Corporate Tetley stuff I was going to buy. Nice sunny outside area for a smoke , and good food menu looking at it. 8/10
danielsreef - 8 Jun 2013 17:31
Molescroft!!! Give us a break! Maybe it has changed in recent times but it used to be a locals boozer selling just garbabe beer! I would like to thnk that this is a thing of the past now 'cos it's a lovely looking boozer.
anonymous - 29 Oct 2012 19:35