Swan With Two Necks, Stockport - pub details

Swan With Two Necks

Address: Princes Street, Stockport, Cheshire, SK1 1RY [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 32492) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Stockport (0.5 miles), Heaton Chapel (1.3 miles), Reddish North (1.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.0/10 (rated by 15 users)

White Lion, Stockport (0.1 miles), Three Shires, Stockport (0.1 miles), Kings Head, Stockport (0.1 miles), Tiviot, Stockport (0.1 miles), Queens Head, Stockport (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Swan With Two Necks, Stockport

Came in here after visiting the Brewery. There's two sides of the bar and another separate room to sit in. The young lad behind the bar who seved us was quite friendly (and even checked up on us to see if we were okay after we sat down) and so were the locals that hung out on the other side of the bar. I was quite surprised when i asked for a pint of the Old Tom amd was avtually served it (seeing as it's an 8.5 pervent beer). I was always under the impression that if a beer was particularly strong you could only get it in a half, may be it's weaker from a cask, I'm unsure, but it was lovely and very well kept. The only thing that I thought was a bit odd was the closing time, I did come on a weekday but the young lad behind the bar started informing everyone that the pub was going to close at 7. May ne they are just realists about the fact it may be quite dead at a later time? I'm not sure but definitely a pub to come to if around Stockport, but it may be best to come on the weekend if you want a session.
Wezzielad - 10 Dec 2016 22:14
A Robinsons pub that is an architectural gem. Very long and narrow, with a small snug at the front (which I didn’t frequent because you couldn’t see what beers were available), a bar opening into the main passageway, and then another room on the left behind the bar with dark leather seating, wooden panelling and a large fireplace.

Unfortunately only 2 of the 6 handpumps were actually in use, serving Unicorn and Old Tom. I had a half of the latter – and was charged over £5 a pint !

The only bar staff were two very young lads, neither of whom looked more than about 15 ! The only customers were 3 very elderly gents (all about 65-70) propping up the bar, complaining how cold it was !

5/10 – a great building doesn’t necessarily mean a great pub !

Martinsh - 8 Feb 2015 19:10
Sorry below should say 1892!
georgefox - 28 Sep 2014 17:33
The Swan With 2 Necks is an interesting Robinsons pub. The décor and room layout is different to most other pubs I've visited. I've never been in whilst it's been really busy, but it's always felt warm and welcoming.

Old Tom on tap is always a bonus with Robinsons pubs. I must point out though that in the two times I have been in here they had run out of the 1862 the first time and the second time they ran out of the Unicorn. This is probably a coincidence but it does not reflect well.
georgefox - 28 Sep 2014 16:43
The Swan was another pub we tried on our pub crawl of Stockport last Saturday (28.03.14). Robinsons Unicorn was one of the ales on offer and was very good. This pub is like stepping back in time to a bygone era - as it retains an interior little altered since the 1920's and consists of a wood panelled smoke room and a small snug to the front. Quite simply a classic.
DoctorBarfly - 1 Apr 2014 21:30