The Beehive, Liverpool - pub details

Address: 7 Paradise Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 3BL [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 32422) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Liverpool Central (0.3 miles), James Street (0.3 miles), Moorfields (0.3 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.2/10 (rated by 22 users)

Welkin, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Carnarvon Castle, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Tube 80s Bar, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Richmond, Liverpool (0.1 miles), White Star, Liverpool (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Beehive, Liverpool

Called in to pass the time whilst my wife was shopping nearby. Not a bad pint of Directors and not too OTT pricewise (£3.23 if I remember correctly) Spitfire was also available.

But I was NOT impressed at having to stand for most of the time because more than half the tables are strictly reserved for diners only. This really p**sed me off because in the middle of the afternoon, nobody was eating, but the numerous drinkers were all herded together like sheep. This is a pub, not a restaurant. Trying to be both in such a confined space is not an option.

steve2905 - 23 Mar 2015 03:57
It had been ages since my last visit to this place and I don't think that I'll be in much of a hurry to return. I can't remember the exact name of the so called real ale they poured me but I think it is the first time that I have been unable finish a pint in Liverpool. Like on this occasion the only reason I'll return is if I'm desperate to go to the lav.
shouldersarms - 13 Dec 2012 07:57
I hadn't been in here for at least 15 years until my return this Saturday. I always remembered this as one of the city's more traditional pubs back then. Nowadays, it's situated right next to the new Liverpool One shopping centre and appears to get very busy at times. The front area retains some original character with carpets, bookcases and pictures of Liverpool and the pub itself in its former incarnation as the Walkers Grill. The bar area itself gets packed, whilst beyond the rear has been opened up into a restaurant. I'm afraid this has taken away from the pub a little of its character. 3 real ales were on - Banks's Bitter, Black Sheep Best & Shepherd Neame Spitfire. Pretty much a bog standard pub these days.
blue_scrumpy - 28 Feb 2011 22:05
Oldish small pub which now finds itself in the middle of a new shopping area. Had a decent pint of Hardy & Hanson's Rocking Rudolph. What spoils this place is the creation of an open plan kitchen and "restaurant" area towards the rear of it which makes the place look and feel like a snack bar rather than a pub.
Snarling_Mallard - 22 Dec 2010 14:26
Went here last weekend, the 8th of October, and the food was lovely. Got a hawaiian burger which was massive but gorgeous. The staff were lovely and very friendly. Gave us directions and were more than helpful. The atmosphere was great, so much so we got to go back there before we went home. I would recommend a visit to anyone looking for great food, quiet drink, or bubbly atmosphere. And the chef Paul, besides being a great cook is also very easy on the eye, it gave us something hot to look at while waiting for our food..thanks very much:)
traceyk - 14 Oct 2010 14:08