The Rat and Parrot, Bexleyheath [Closed] - pub details

Closed

Address: 167 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 7ES [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 2727) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Bexleyheath (0.6 miles), Barnehurst (1 mile), Bexley (1.3 miles)

Chain: Rat and Parrot

> Current user rating: 5.2/10 (rated by 38 users)

Rose, Bexleyheath (0.0 miles), Ivory Lounge, Bexleyheath (0.0 miles), Kings Arms, Bexleyheath (0.1 miles), Affinity, Bexleyheath (0.2 miles), Wrong 'Un, Bexleyheath (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Rat and Parrot, Bexleyheath

Well thatís a shame. I always looked forward to my yearly visit! It was just never busy enough, that was the problem and I have no doubt that if another bar is its replacement, itíll suffer the same fate. Either that or one of the other many bars will run out of luck. Seriously, Bexleyheath should just leave the Ďyoungster hangoutsí alone now.
HTM69 - 11 Sep 2007 18:23
LONG LIVE THE RAT
anonymous - 9 Sep 2007 18:24
The Rat and Parrot is closing down!!!!!!!sadest thing to happen.thank you for the memories
polkaface - 9 Sep 2007 18:23
I've just heard this place is shutting down.....how can they do this?..it's the best pub in Bexleyheath by far.....hope fully something just as good will take it's place....RIP the Rat and Parrot....
anonymous - 6 Sep 2007 15:22
Last nights visit (16th June) was my first to The Rat and Parrot for probably around a year and it certainly seems like longer since Iíve been on a Saturday night. Iíve never had a major problem with this pub and have always enjoyed myself. It was certainly less busy than I remembered it did alter the atmosphere as the evening progressed. The barmaid told me it was due to the Amadeus bus, yet I think the ever-increasing number of music bars in the area is more of a factor. The bouncers here are seemingly friendlier than in some other establishments, though the bulletproof vests are obviously a worry. All in all though, I certainly find here more appealing than Affinity etc. One more thing. As others here have clearly stated, if you donít like the venue, than donít go. Some reviewers here seem to constantly repeat themselves unnecessarily in regards to their seemingly intense dislike for what happens to be in my opinion, a decent enough place for a gathering.

HTM69 - 17 Jun 2007 15:09