The Bull, Theydon Bois - pub details

Bull

Address: Coppice Row, Theydon Bois, Epping, Essex, CM16 7EU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 27040) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube station Theydon Bois (0.1 miles)

Nearest train station Chingford (5.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.3/10 (rated by 23 users)

Railway Arms, Theydon Bois (0.0 miles), Queen Victoria, Theydon Bois (0.1 miles), Sixteen String Jack, Epping (0.6 miles), Spotted Dog, Epping (1.2 miles), Forest Gate Inn, Epping (1.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Bull, Theydon Bois

A building of some age, The Bull in Theydon Bois looks quite inviting from the outside. Inside we found it comfortable, and the beers we had (Young's Bitter and Courage Directors) were both in tip-top condition. The only downside for us was that there was no food available (the kitchen closes at 4:00 pm on Sundays).
beermann - 9 Nov 2015 15:00
Friendly and enjoyable pub. The Bombardier was in good condition, though being Youngs-Wells I was surprised there were no Youngs offerings - just Directors and the bland Eagle. Still, I suppose that's the luck of the draw! We didn't eat there, so can't comment about the food, but I'll try it next time. It's out of my area, but as I've got a mate now in Theydon (which is why I was there), I'll get the chance to visit again.
Charno - 1 Nov 2012 11:16
Stopped at this Pub at lunch time on our way down to Kent because it was dog friendly. We weren't allowd in the restaurant because of the dog which was fair enough. We had to sit in the bar which was basic but adequate for our needs. The food was delicious, freshly cooked, well presented and hot. We were served quickly and the bar staff (1) was very friendly and could not do enough for us. We took our time and were not hurried in any way. The toilets were clean and I took a peek at the Restaurant and it looked fine. There was a children's menu which my grandchildren loved. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.
DianaMarston - 17 Feb 2012 20:32
This is a delightful pub in Theydon Bois and has homecooked food on the menu. We love the steak and ale pie and have been going to this pub for several years. Went there on Wednesday for lunch, really lovely day and we sat in the garden. Thoroughly enjoyable. Highly recommend this pub for its food.

Caroil & Steve.
caroil - 24 Sep 2010 22:30
The food here is atrocious.....you need too so avoid.

Looking at the comment, like on Amazon there is a stream of comments that sum this place up well....very suspicious of some of the positive ones. such as EssexLady her first comment way way back would make U think she is a user, rather than a worker or a `friend'.

Went in here with a group of mates, all out food was DISGUSTING!!!

Get the impression that some of the commentors are men probably oldish. So from a view of mid 29 girls the serbice was BAD, rude staff, using it as a meeting place to chat with friends. OMG don't dare interupt their talks by asking 2 B served!!!

Avoid....RachelGoth