The Lansdown Arms, Lewes - pub details

Lansdown Arms

Address: 36, Lansdown Place, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2JU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 23622) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Lewes (0.1 miles), Cooksbridge (2.4 miles), Glynde (2.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.1/10 (rated by 28 users)

Royal Oak, Lewes (0.0 miles), Crown Inn, Lewes (0.1 miles), Rights of Man, Lewes (0.1 miles), Rainbow, Lewes (0.1 miles), Lamb, Lewes (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Lansdown Arms, Lewes

Popped in on a Friday evening while waiting for our train home, packed when we arrived with people standing outstanding enjoying the mild evening.

The selection of ales was okay, I opted for a pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord.

Music playing but not that intrusive, I still get amused that there’s a tree inside the pub!

Decent enough stop for a beer while waiting for your train.

lezford - 14 Jun 2016 11:00
Its ok for your first pint when getting off the train, but I always move on to somewhere else. The beer is ok, but the person who said it had a student union feel is spot on.
OldandBitter - 12 Feb 2016 23:16
I quite liked this place had a better feel to it than the others in the town and the Harvey's Bitter in here was better than the Harvey's places.
Snarling_Mallard - 1 Nov 2015 21:41
7.1 / 10 at the time of writing... Surprising as I found this to be just an ordinary pub, nothing wrong with it, but nothing special either.

I stopped for one on a late Friday afternoon, had the obligatory Harvey's Best, which when perfect is an excellent best bitter! But, the beer was just like the pub, not great, but nothing really wrong with it either.

There are far better pubs in Lewes however.......
Ade.The.Raider - 2 Apr 2015 15:37
After a long day in Lewes and a lot of beer there was just enough time to finish off in this pub right by the station.

It was pretty packed around 8.30pm when we dropped in for a quick beer while we waited for the train.

Several ales on offer however the first pint we ordered was flat as a pancake and undrinkable, the barmaid didn't seem bothered about changing it so we spoke to the manager and after testing it disagreed it was ropey but he changed it regardless and we got a fresh pint which was perfect. This was Harvey’s Sussex Best.

Managed to get a seat by the door, the majority of the clientele were young adults…..mostly getting ready for a night on the town.

Not a bad pub for the station and will try again if I need a pint while waiting for a train.
lezford - 5 Jan 2015 16:45