The Salmon and Ball, Bethnal Green - pub details

Salmon and Ball
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: 502 Bethnal Green Rd, Bethnal Green, London, E2 0EA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 20544) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Bethnal Green (0.1 miles), Whitechapel (0.6 miles), Stepney Green (0.6 miles)

Nearest train stations Bethnal Green (0.2 miles), Cambridge Heath (0.4 miles), London Fields (1 mile)

> Current user rating: 7.1/10 (rated by 46 users)

Bohola House, Bethnal Green (0.1 miles), Sun Inn, Bethnal Green (0.1 miles), Mother Kellys, Bethnal Green (0.1 miles), Dundee Arms, Bethnal Green (0.1 miles), Pleasure Unit, Bethnal Green (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Salmon and Ball, Bethnal Green

Was in here yesterday.
Nice normal old school pub.Decent pint and decent proper locals.Service with a smile as well.
Great pub.
tottenhamsean - 11 Feb 2017 12:33
Popped in after an Orient game to catch the late game on Sky. Excellent pint of Guinness and a fairly laid back atmosphere. Nothing spectacular but does the job.
AlistairVonLion - 29 Sep 2013 17:52
great night at the salmon, DJ Adamski Had it rockin!!! Loved the 80's hour really took me back. danced the night away and now got hangover!!! Bar staff boogeying what a laff,. Gutted cant make it tonite Jimmy C and the Blues Dragons playing!! a great rockfest!!! oh well will have to wait to next time.
langdale32 - 2 Feb 2013 14:49
Me and a few friends often go in to the Salmon on a Saturday night before heading into central, never a bad night, it used to be a shit hole but has been turned right around and is now one of our favourite pubs in the area. }

Always a good mixed crowd in, hardly ever any trouble, and on the one occasion I have seen something about to escalate it was dealt with quickly and fairly by the guy behind the bar.

Quite cheap drinks prices, with 3 vodkas and mixers being less than a tenner, not bad for being 1 tube stop away from the city.

Definitely should be your first choice for a drink when leaving the underground! (as it is literally 3metres away!)

Mrs_W - 25 Jan 2013 12:30
After our experience here last week and the pub's reputation I had to leave the following review, for those that just want a number score it's 9/10, for those that want to know why... read on;

Me and a few friends went in here last week before watching boxing at York Hall which is near by, I was a little dubious at first as I used to live in the area and it didn't used to be a very nice pub at all.

We opened the doors to a blast of warmth, chatter and music playing, the pub was very busy due to the boxing crowd and another event that was happening elsewhere in the area (this is, I'm assuming, on top of the regular and passing trade).

When I saw just two bar staff (covering a bar full of people) I started having my doubts, and even suggested we should to another pub. However I was greatly surprised when we were acknowledged and told "I'll be right with you" almost as soon as I'd stepped to the bar. Less than 30 seconds later I had my order taken and dealt with alongside 3 other orders and had all the drinks in front of me in under 3 minutes, and this was by a guy recovering from a broken hand!!

We stayed for a couple of drinks before heading off to the boxing and were that impressed that we decided to go back before the last fight had even started, when we walked back in we were asked how the fights were, when we mentioned we'd left early the Barman pointed to the TV's and winked, they were showing the same event we'd just left, he then asked if we would like the same again and remembered the exact drinks we'd had earlier in the night.

This really impressed as the pub had earlier been very busy and we had only ordered 2, maybe 3, drinks.

We stayed for a couple more and chatted with the Barmaid and a few of the regulars who were all a laugh, but had to leave to catch trains etc.

All in all, it seems as though a leopard can change it's spots and we will certainly be paying it a visit again soon.
LdnMick61 - 25 Jan 2013 11:55