The Filo (First In Last Out), Hastings - pub details

Filo (First In Last Out)
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: 14/15 High Street, Old Town, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 3ET [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 17765) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Ore (0.5 miles), Hastings (0.8 miles), St Leonards Warrior Square (1.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.1/10 (rated by 135 users)

Duke of Wellington, Hastings (0.1 miles), Stag, Hastings (0.1 miles), Crown, Hastings (0.2 miles), Cinque Port Arms, Hastings (0.2 miles), Kings Head, Hastings (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Filo (First In Last Out), Hastings

As mentioned by previous reviewers this is the official Filo Brewery tap.

The wife and I visited here late afternoon on a Saturday, it’s another busy pub in the old town area no spare seats so it was standing room only until someone left.

An older style pub with a large fireplace / well in the middle of the bar near the toilets, carpeted throughout in a 1980’s family home style!

5 of their ales on, this is a new brewery for me so I had a pint of Churches @ 4.2%, in addition to the 5 FILO ales they also had Adnams Broadside on.

We only stopped for as long as it took us to drink our drinks, a nice enough pub and maybe on my next visit I’ll work through the taps and spend a bit longer here.

lezford - 24 Oct 2016 13:06
I had high hopes. Yes, range of ales is good, however they were very badly kept (I tried three). Cannot make up my mind if interior irks because they couldn't be bothered to spend money on an update since 1972, or if they have spent a lot of money on the 'retro' look. Either would be slovenly and unimaginative. Never mind. Many better pubs in the locale to decide from.
TinkertyTonk - 18 Jul 2016 17:52
Very friendly, a good range of real ales and good food.
The first time we were there, they had a couple of superb guest ales on, one from Darkstar (Revelation?). The second time they only had their own beers (brewed just down the road) but we found at least three of them very drinkable and interesting.
thefirkintaster - 24 Jul 2015 10:54
A star with excellent range of beers and a guest.
blooms - 13 Jun 2015 19:53
Best pub in Hastings by a distance. Brilliant bitter, brewed at their brewery just up the road. Good food also.

A couple of the regulars are painful, particularly a guy who insists on loudly doing the Daily Star crossword at the bar all day, but that is the only downside.

Great pub.