The Pride of Spitalfields, Shoreditch - pub details

Pride of Spitalfields

Address: 3 Heneage Street, London, E1 5LJ [map] [gmap]

Nearest tube stations Shoreditch (0.3 miles), Aldgate East (0.3 miles), Aldgate (0.4 miles)

Nearest DLR stations Tower Gateway (0.6 miles), Shadwell (0.9 miles), Bank (0.9 miles)

Nearest train stations London Liverpool Street (0.5 miles), Fenchurch Street (0.7 miles), Bethnal Green (0.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.2/10 (rated by 192 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, East London pub guide

Peacock, Shoreditch (0.1 miles), City Arts and Music Project, Shoreditch (0.1 miles), Big Chill Bar, Shoreditch (0.2 miles), Vibe Bar, Shoreditch (0.2 miles), Ten Bells, Shoreditch (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Pride of Spitalfields, Shoreditch

After a very pleasant day in Bury St Edmunds 4 of us ended up in what used to be my old work local up to a couple of years ago.

The Pride in my opinion has always been an excellent “proper” pub with good quality ales and cheap food, this Saturday night visit was no different with 4 ales on. I had several pints of Crouch Vale Brewers gold which were very drinkable.

2 Saturday’s before Christmas and the pub was very busy with hardly any seats remaining inside and the pavement outside being rammed, the crowd was mostly under 30 and what people would call hipsters! Pleasant crowd none the less that helped create the good natured atmosphere.

The pub’s cat was on good form and was certainly getting a lot of attention, he is a good lad.

We stayed until just before midnight without realising how late it was, the other 3 in my party were making their first visit to the Pride and all enjoyed their time here.

9/10
lezford - 5 Jan 2016 13:30
Excellent old style drinking pub just off Brick Lane.

Four beers on tap with the excellent Brewer's Gold always on and in mint condition - if you like a golden ale why drink anything else.

Nice vibe, and service with a smile provided by the delightful Holly and Violet - with thanks from your 'aging apprentice' I'll be back :-)

DAM - 24 Oct 2015 11:38
This is a gem of a boozer and a welcome respite from all the curry house hawking on Brick Lane. We go mainly for the Brewers Gold which is almost always perfect - the one time is wasn't, the barrel was changed and our pints replaced without quibble, It's always well staffed so you wont go thirsty for long and the service is friendly and professional. I wish more pubs were like this.
littlebiddy - 27 Dec 2014 12:02
racking little pub,tucked away just off Brick Lane. Several ales on hand pump myself and my mate both opted for Fullers London Pride. Perfection. Lovely barmaid,very friendly and very reasonably priced compared with others in the area.
Will defiantly be back
tottenhamsean - 6 May 2014 08:29
Fantastic pub. I've been going here for many years now and am never disappointed with the beer. The magnificent Brewers Gold is quite something else. I've drunk this in many pubs but this is the best pulled pint of it. The other reason I love this pub so much is that I met my wife to be there last year and that in itself makes this one of our favourite boozers.
Fulhampete - 6 Apr 2014 09:49