The Pride of Spitalfields, Shoreditch - pub details

Pride of Spitalfields

Address: 3 Heneage Street, London, E1 5LJ [map] [gmap]

Nearest tube stations Shoreditch (0.3 miles), Aldgate East (0.3 miles), Aldgate (0.4 miles)

Nearest DLR stations Tower Gateway (0.6 miles), Shadwell (0.9 miles), Bank (0.9 miles)

Nearest train stations London Liverpool Street (0.5 miles), Fenchurch Street (0.7 miles), Bethnal Green (0.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.2/10 (rated by 191 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, East London pub guide

Peacock, Shoreditch (0.1 miles), City Arts and Music Project, Shoreditch (0.1 miles), Big Chill Bar, Shoreditch (0.2 miles), Vibe Bar, Shoreditch (0.2 miles), Ten Bells, Shoreditch (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Pride of Spitalfields, Shoreditch

Excellent old style drinking pub just off Brick Lane.

Four beers on tap with the excellent Brewer's Gold always on and in mint condition - if you like a golden ale why drink anything else.

Nice vibe, and service with a smile provided by the delightful Holly and Violet - with thanks from your 'aging apprentice' I'll be back :-)

DAM - 24 Oct 2015 11:38
This is a gem of a boozer and a welcome respite from all the curry house hawking on Brick Lane. We go mainly for the Brewers Gold which is almost always perfect - the one time is wasn't, the barrel was changed and our pints replaced without quibble, It's always well staffed so you wont go thirsty for long and the service is friendly and professional. I wish more pubs were like this.
littlebiddy - 27 Dec 2014 12:02
racking little pub,tucked away just off Brick Lane. Several ales on hand pump myself and my mate both opted for Fullers London Pride. Perfection. Lovely barmaid,very friendly and very reasonably priced compared with others in the area.
Will defiantly be back
tottenhamsean - 6 May 2014 08:29
Fantastic pub. I've been going here for many years now and am never disappointed with the beer. The magnificent Brewers Gold is quite something else. I've drunk this in many pubs but this is the best pulled pint of it. The other reason I love this pub so much is that I met my wife to be there last year and that in itself makes this one of our favourite boozers.
Fulhampete - 6 Apr 2014 09:49
Belated reviews from the mighty U’s narrow defeat to Leyton Orient.
Started in the Pride at 10.40 before moving on the Cock Tavern in Hackney, Leyton Technical, before and after the game (sadly doesn’t have an entry on BITE – wonderful place well worth a visit) then back to the Pride.
Used to go to the Pride regularly in the 1990’s, might have been there in the 2000’s but can’t be sure, either way it was just as I remembered it down to Mary’s pantry next the bar. Started with a Maldon Gold – as it was not yet 11am and it’s from our fair county; moved onto the Truman Penguin which was a wonderful tasty nut brown coloured bitter. Had another pint of the same some hours later before making the traditional trail to a curry house. Great stuff and great to wander round an area I used to work in in the late 1970’s. 7/10

Monkdawallydahonk - 17 Mar 2014 15:39