The Wheatsheaf, Harlington - pub details

Address: 286, High St, Harlington, Hayes, Middlesex, UB3 5DU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 16535) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3 (1.4 miles), Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3 (1.4 miles), Hayes & Harlington (1.4 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.5/10 (rated by 10 users)
> Local guide: Middlesex pub guide

Red Lion, Harlington (0.1 miles), Pheasant, Harlington (0.2 miles), White Hart, Harlington (0.3 miles), Three Magpies, Heathrow (0.7 miles), Great Western, Hayes (0.8 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Wheatsheaf, Harlington

Visited for a few pints on a Monday night. fairly quiet, but the locals were friendly and whilst the beer choice could have been better, both were tried and found to be decent. The pub is fairly old fashioned, but this makes it unlike many of the obvious chain pubs that lurk around every corner.
The landlady/barmaid was friendly, and overall, the pub was worth a visit.
SouthYorkshireman - 11 Mar 2012 17:19
If I say PASS..... I mean it, Please PASS on by if however you want a graveyard call in. Has a few regulars but I think that's all. barmaid was friendly though...not sure how she managed a smile given the circumstances and surroundings ! I dont see this pub having much of a future to be honest, times have changed and this pub hasn't.
DaveMal - 28 Apr 2010 23:16
I had already been in one other pub in the local before stretching my legs & finding the Wheatsheaf. I really wish I hadn't. I only visited as the other opinions posted seemed mixed and wanted to take a look myself. Although the place was clean & tidy I can only say that the landlord had little to say and had no interest in me other than a curious glance as a stranger in the midst! there was little or no atmosphere other than the odd scuttle to the bookies by a couple of regulars. Glad I had already eaten as the menu didnt appeal. I wont be going back and am joining those before me who do not rate this pub. sorry Wheatsheaf but you didn't cut it for me.
jonty21 - 6 Oct 2009 15:29
Having arrived from the USA for a meeting for a major deal I was very dissapointed to find that my flight had been cancelled and i had to stay overnight at london heathrow. It was recomended to me that i go to "THE WHEAT SHEAF" I dont think so!! Not a good move in any way, I was told good food, not in any way!! I was told a friendly atmosphere, I dont think so!! If I was anyone travelling to London and got stuck in Heathrow. DO NOT go near the WHEAT SHEAF!!! Overpriced even to my standards, Very closed enviroment and shun anyone who they have not seen before.
collin4646 - 4 Feb 2009 01:07
This Pub is the one I always visit on my frequent visits to the UK and have always found the locals and staff to be excellent and friendly, the epitomy of a good english Pub.
JimM - 14 Jul 2007 06:09