The Triple Crown Inn, Richmond - pub details

Triple Crown Inn

Address: 15 Kew Foot Road, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 2SS [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 15685) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube station Richmond (0.2 miles)

Nearest train stations Richmond (0.2 miles), North Sheen (0.6 miles), Kew Gardens (1.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.8/10 (rated by 59 users)
> Local guide: Surrey pub guide

No.1 Kew Road, Richmond (0.1 miles), Orange Tree, Richmond (0.1 miles), Sun, Richmond (0.1 miles), Shaftesbury Arms, Richmond (0.1 miles), Hope, Richmond (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Triple Crown Inn, Richmond

Sought out The Triple Crown hoping to find a 'friendly, local , real ale pub' in Richmond. Nice sunny day but chilly so wanted to be inside. Sadly no bar staff evident and locals propping bar not keen to tell us who was serving. Eventually a young lady arrived. 3 ales on and my partner and I both chose Proper Job which was served in excellent condition. The pub is tired and rather run down but that was not our gripe. There was a large screen TV blaring out pop videos which in itself is distracting enough but incongruous to the surroundings of the pub, in our opinion, but the unfriendly locals (all quite mature well dressed gentlemen) insisted on viewing and listening to music videos at a very high volume on their hand held devices. This competing against the TV output made it impossible to talk or enjoy our pints. The bar lady made no attempt to stop the conflict of sound but continued to lounge against the wall engrossed in her mobile. We took our drinks outside where we did encounter friendly locals which was very nice but sadly did not stop for a further drink. Some reviews regarding this pub enthuse about the landlord and what a great pub he runs. Whilst I appreciate he cannot be there all the time I feel his presence was sadly missed on this lovely Sunday afternoon. I don't think this is a pub either my partner or I shall be returning to any time soon.
ladydrinker - 17 Oct 2017 13:46
Comfortably the worst pub in Richmond, and has been for some years. Dark, scruffy and always empty, apart from the people you wished were not in there with you. Avoid.
Matthew_of_Ham - 7 Jul 2016 19:18
The Triple Crown has always been one of my favourite pubs in Richmond, primarily because I believe it is free of tie. So the ale range does vary. Yesterday it was Youngs Bitter, Sharps Doom Bar, Stonehenge Sign of Spring & Dorset Brewing Co Flashman's Clout. I seem to remember Twickenham beers being on the last time I came. But the pub was much quieter than my last visit and it seemed to have lost a little of its atmosphere. It also seemed a bit more grubby than I remember. Still a welcome change from the Youngs and Fullers pubs in town.
blue_scrumpy - 4 Apr 2016 20:36
Off the beaten track, which ensures a dedicated band of punters. It has a slightly lived-in appearance inside but no objection to that---I would hate to see it become gastrified. A friendly atmosphere and a good range of beers; long may it flourish!
16jamesdoc - 28 Oct 2015 12:40
Oops. Thanks DaveE6 for pointing out our oversight. It has now been rectified and our opening times are available on our website. Thanks again. Arv
HarveyTC - 24 Feb 2015 21:20