The Marble Arch, Manchester - pub details

Marble Arch
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4]

Address: 73 Rochdale Road, Manchester, M4 4HY [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 1519) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Manchester Victoria (0.5 miles), Manchester Piccadilly (0.9 miles), Salford Central (1.1 miles)

by Nige

> Current user rating: 7.4/10 (rated by 256 users)

Blackjack Brewtap, Manchester (0.1 miles), Angel, Manchester (0.2 miles), Harrys Bar, Manchester (0.2 miles), Crown and Kettle, Ancoats (0.2 miles), Bar Fringe, Manchester (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Marble Arch, Manchester

Wonderful place - worth a visit just to check out the building, it's impressive high ceiling, colourful brick walls, real fire and overall charm. It's brewery tap for the Marble brewery and the beers are fantastic. Very expensive though, but you can't grumble at the quality.
It's located in a grim part of town but great pubs abound. When we were in this place a chap came in wanting to use someone's mobile and was accused of being a junkie by someone at the bar and there was nearly some fighting but other than that it was great. Got chatting to some of the clientele, all very friendly as they seemed to be in all the pubs in the area.
dyyony - 2 Feb 2017 12:41
Expensive. But this was probably not helped by the fact that a lot of the cask ales on offer on my last visit were higher strength. I had a half of the Earl Grey IPA, which I had been wanting to try for a while. We visited between Christmas and New Year so for once it wasn't heaving and we managed to get a seat. Being quieter it gives you more of a chance to admire the impressive interior without constantly shuffling to move out of someone's way. Several guests were available in addition to the Marble offerings. Staff were friendly and made suggestions while we were trying to make up our minds at the bar.
RealAleRobUK - 1 Jan 2017 15:53
Fantastically impressive pub with equally impressive beer from the Marble Brewery. A must visit.
baxterfish - 27 Apr 2016 21:47
Fantastic quality of beers, great decor to the pub. Love it. Always a pleasure to visit.
vicpark - 27 Mar 2014 17:11
I visited this pub early January for my friend's birthday. Sadly I noticed they've started serving foie gras, renowned for the cruelty involved in its production (& illegal to produce in the UK). Most food places with any ethics shy away from serving this so I was surprised that a Marble Beer pub (organic, vegetarian society approved beers...) would choose to go down this route. So although I used to be a fan of this pub, I no longer feel able to visit. I hope the chef changes his mind on the foie gras and veal front. Shame to see a pub like this lose its reputation. Thanks
LillyBeer - 3 Feb 2014 11:12