The Kings Arms, Waterloo - pub details

Kings Arms

Address: 25 Roupell Street, Waterloo, London, SE1 8TB [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 1395) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Southwark (0.2 miles), Waterloo (0.2 miles), Lambeth North (0.4 miles)

Nearest train stations London Waterloo East (0 miles), London Waterloo (0.2 miles), Blackfriars (0.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.3/10 (rated by 184 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, South East London pub guide

White Hart, Waterloo (0.1 miles), Auberge, Waterloo (0.1 miles), Wellington, Waterloo (0.1 miles), Windmill Tavern, Waterloo (0.1 miles), Fire Station, Waterloo (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Kings Arms, Waterloo

Thursday evening with a friend in the Waterloo area and I chose one of my favourite pubs in London…The Kings Arms.

7pm and the pub is heaving already both inside and outside. We go to the smaller bar with it’s 3 hand pumps with the other 6 being through in the main bar.

9 ales on in total that changed while I was here so I started on the Truman Bold as Brass @ 4.2% being moving onto Bexley Breweries Golden Acre @ 4.0%. Both pints perfectly kept and poured. In addition there are a couple of keg beers and “fancy” lagers.

During my last visit I don’t recall there being Thai food available in the back room. This was a bonus as we were planning on moving to a local curry house for food so plans were changed and we treated ourselves to the good value & authentic food.

We left around 10.15pm and the pub was still very busy. Great pub, cracking selection of ales, quick and friendly service, a little on the pricey side but this is a trendy part of London now. The Kings Arms is a must visit.
lezford - 12 Oct 2015 14:57
Have not been here for almost 5 years and on that occasion I wasn't served. This time was a far better experience and I'll be updating my score from a previous 3/10. In fact, this pub is more like a 8/10. I'm sure the range has improved since my last visit too. 9 ales and a cider were on this time - Brains The Rev James & Trickster, Springhead The Leveller, Dark Star The Original, Hop Stuff Amarillo Mild, London Beer Factory Chelsea Blonde, Windsor & Eton Guardsman, Belleville Abbeydale White & Cronx Entire Porter, with the cider being Olivers Shezam. So they must have listened to the last review, as they had 3 dark beers on!The pub is still in a lovely location. It has a fairly unspoiled interior with 2 rooms at the front and a larger, more modern room at the rear. Service was pleasant and it wasn't overly busy on our Sunday afternoon visit. I'd imagine it's packed on an evening rush hour with commuters heading back to Waterloo from the City. Now a very good pub that could well be in my favourite 10 London pubs. I need to get here more often.
blue_scrumpy - 21 Apr 2015 17:50
Pleasant and attractive boozer almost underneath Warterloo East station, an oasis in a desert of otherwise grim hostelries. Two bars, offering a pretty fair range of well-kept ales, although something dark other than Guinness might be worth having on. The yard at the back has been converted into an eating area for the Thai kitchen, which offers a range of good-value and tasty dishes.
Torqueback - 11 Mar 2015 14:59
Oddly situated down a street full of terraced houses, which seemed as though it had strayed about 150 miles south.

A smallish pub which was packed early evening hence the number standing outside. My first two choices ran out while I was waiting but the third was fine and the barman had both the beer knowledge and good sense to warn me that my third choice was completely different to the first two.

Not a bad pub, although if I'm visiting here again I shall wait until late in the evening when presumably the office crowd have gone home.
djw - 28 Oct 2014 01:15
Wonderful old pub, one that I have meaning to visit for years as it is highly recommended on this site & some others. Very quiet early on a damp Sunday, I had a pint of Southwolds something or other, 3.70, and pretty good for the first of the day. Friendly young lady serving, another bloke hovering & activity out the back so I expect they have a hefty Sunday lunch crowd. Probably not a tourist pub but it should be as it is the real deal.
Queenslander - 31 Aug 2014 22:47