The White Hart Hotel, Sturminster Newton - pub details

Address: Market Place, Sturminster Newton, Dorset, DT10 1AN [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 12198) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Brewery: Hall and Woodhouse

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 6.5/10 (rated by 8 users)

Swan Inn, Sturminster Newton (0.1 miles), Bull Inn, Sturminster Newton (0.3 miles), Fiddleford Inn, Sturminster Newton (1.3 miles), White Horse, Hinton St Mary (1.3 miles), Fiddleford Inn, Sturminster Newton (1.9 miles)

user reviews of the White Hart Hotel, Sturminster Newton

We went to this establishment on a Friday night and found it to be full of colourful locals. There was a fairly loud juke box which we did not mind as it made a change and we had Tanglefoot and bottled Poacher's pocket, the beer being Badger. The main problem was that just as we had bought a third drink each, at about 10.40, the juke box was turned off and some very loud and tuneless karaoke, with the same two people doing most of the singing, started !
I was a bit hacked off as if I had know this was about to happen I would have beaten a retreat.
In summary, the beer is kept well but it seems to be a fairly lively place to put it tactfully.
squawker - 4 Nov 2012 18:36
Have stopped off here twice for refreshments after visiting the cheese shop nearby. Both times we've enjoyed a substantial meal, reasonably priced.
tommo5 - 9 Aug 2011 14:40
Much improved by the new landlords over the last three years.

Friendly atmosphere, clean and good value.
anonymous - 26 Oct 2009 18:12
I think that a big "oops" is called for here, this is not the pub that I had in mind. So please disregard my last comment. Please see "The Crown Inn" in the same town. This was the one that was not nice...
Man_on_ground - 16 Jun 2009 19:33
Is it a hotel? Had one beer in here and left. Noth said!
Man_on_ground - 16 Jun 2009 18:42