The White Hart, Holborn - pub details

White Hart
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5] [image 6] [image 7]

Address: 191 Drury Lane, London, WC2B 5QD [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 117) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Holborn (0.2 miles), Covent Garden (0.2 miles), Tottenham Court Road (0.3 miles)

Nearest train stations London Charing Cross (0.6 miles), Farringdon (0.9 miles), City Thameslink (0.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.0/10 (rated by 40 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, Central London pub guide

Bar Mosko, Holborn (0.1 miles), Craft Beer Co, Holborn (0.1 miles), Sun, Covent Garden (0.1 miles), Old Crown, Bloomsbury (0.1 miles), Bloomsbury Tavern, Bloomsbury (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the White Hart, Holborn

Interior nothing special to look at, with ducting from the air conditioning hanging from the ceiling. Took ages to get served. Clientele mostly young and boisterous. I understand the food is good but we didn't stop to find out.
reverenddavid - 1 May 2013 19:48
I recently found myself in the White Hart because I overnighted in Travelodge opposite.

I nearly walked out again but after a long wait I eventually was served by a Barmaid who needed another few Minutes of hand signals to direct Her to the Bottle of Laphroaig.

A third rate Suburban Pub some how transplanted to central London.
AuldJimmy - 24 Dec 2011 20:39
Shoulder barge through the small entrance clogged with desperate smokers, pass under the ludicrous and increasingly ridiculous claim to be the oldest licensed premises in London, and you may be lucky enough to grab a table in this pub that looks like it has been refurbished by someone who spends a lot of time reading Sunday supplement style magazines. All the swirly chintz and curtains and sparkly chandeliers can't hide the fact that they should perhaps spend more time reading the Food and Drink supplements instead though. The pint of London Pride I had made be gag and retch like a quivering meths drinking wreck and ensured that I left as soon as I possibly could into the wilds of Bloomsbury to search for a decent pint that didn't taste of stale vinegar and warm furniture polish.
agnes_guano - 24 Sep 2010 12:31
Officially the 'oldest licensed premises in London', as it says outside on an antiquated blackboard. Yet upon entrance it's recently been done up and is so refreshingly modern even Michael J Fox would be impressed. The 'all girl' bar staff has been compromised by a new male manager with a box beard and peculiarly small hands I noticed as he was pouring my seventh pint of Hoegaarden. The urinals came fitted with pipes which took my watery booze-filled piss into the sewers, which was a novelty for me having spent my earlier evening in the yellow paddling pool known as Brown Sugar. The cubicles had no paper though, so it's a good job ASDA was sold out of Brussell Sprouts the night before. Top bant.
Crisp_Fewtrell - 4 Feb 2010 17:02
Having traipsed up from Holborn as the Central Line was closed for a bit, I chanced upon this place on a weekday lunchtime and nipped in for a quickie. There was a stack of scaffolding up outside so it took me a couple of minutes to actually recognise it as a pub: West London currently resembles a huge building site.
From the outside, especially sans signage, the pub looked like one of those minute "snug" places that are still dotted round London.
Inside, this proved completely misleading, as the bar covers the central pub area in a narrow (ish) corridor and is bookended by two medium sized drinking areas.
Anyway, couple of very nice Amstels and a delicious rare roast beef salad (my concession to a healthy diet), and service was quick and polite - although the place was only half full. . And yes, the bar staff are very pretty.
Furniture was comfy, place was nicely decorated, semi-raucous photos behind the bar were slightly incongruous with the rest of the design, but I spose the biggest recmmendation would be that I would definitely return, take a mate or two, and have a lunch with maybe a couple of extra ales for dessert...
By the way, one other recommendation (in my book at least) was the diversity of clientele all enjoying lunch and a drink in a very nice atmosphere, including a couple of familes. Highly recommended pub, particularly for this part of town.
glenn9ball - 25 Feb 2009 12:42