The Red Lion, Turners Hill - pub details

Address: Lion Lane, Turners Hill, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 4NU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 11637) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations East Grinstead (3.5 miles), Three Bridges (3.7 miles), Balcombe (4.4 miles)

Brewery: Harveys

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 7.9/10 (rated by 27 users)

Crown, Turners Hill (0.1 miles), Turners, Turners Hill (0.5 miles), Royal Oak, Crawley Down (1.1 miles), White Hart Inn, West Hoathly (1.5 miles)

user reviews of the Red Lion, Turners Hill

What a little gem! Just like a pub should be, a wide range of excellent Harveys ales, really good food (lunchtime only) and a very warm welcome from the Landlord. I will certainly be returning again and again.
arfajob - 22 Oct 2014 10:55
Wonderful pub. Only Harvey's but full range. Lovely feel inside, at least 4 different 'outside' options and a special mention to the friendly 'regular' who pointed out that I'd missed Rowfant House off my pub challenge. Completion assured (although did have to cycle up Turner's Hill three times in one day!!). Thanks mate. A very strong 9/10
filf - 10 Aug 2014 12:04
Oh, this is a place to go if you like your Harvey's all right !

Thanks to a mix up on travelplans and the fact that the OS map doesn't show this pub, we only had time for the one, so I picked a Bonfire Boy as it was the seasonal, but I could have easily warmed to any one of four others.

Lovely pub.
OnAMission - 10 Dec 2013 06:08
Excellent "local" pub, friendly staff and well kept range of Harvey's own beers. Menu looks interesting and fairly priced but only available at lunchtimes. That latter comment is not a criticism as the pub is not large enough to warrant an evening menu...better for it as it remains exactly what it should be - a clean welcoming pub with decent beer..simple I know, but they are dying breed.
Insearchofthebestpint - 1 Oct 2012 11:02
First visit today, though I lived in the village as a kid in the days when children weren't allowed in. (Only ever went to The Crown as they had a separate dining room) Had Thatchers Gold to drink and a chunky great ham hock to eat, with proper vegetables. Drinks slightly pricier than I was expecting but I can cope with that.

Strolled round the back across the fields to see my old house...
c_and_j - 22 Sep 2012 23:34