The Edmund Tylney, Leatherhead - pub details

Edmund Tylney

Address: 30-34 High Street, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 8AW [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 1122) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Leatherhead (0.4 miles), Ashtead (1.9 miles), Bookham (2.7 miles)

Chain: Wetherspoons

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 5.0/10 (rated by 59 users)
> Local guide: Surrey pub guide

Dukes Head, Leatherhead (0.0 miles), Penny Black, Leatherhead (0.1 miles), Running Horse, Leatherhead (0.2 miles), Plough, Leatherhead (0.5 miles), Royal Oak, Leatherhead (1.0 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Edmund Tylney, Leatherhead

Visited late lunchtime on a Saturday. The folk at the tables outside were unprepossessing.

Not busy inside, either. Typical JDW, a bit on the dark side. Ales fine. Tables sticky - (we tried several). A few kids running round, no trace of parents.

Don't bother unless you're just after cheap beer.
artieleblanc - 12 Aug 2014 18:44
This pub is in a small town with not much in it, however I was surprised to find it one of the busiest places around. While everyone expects Wetherspoons to be cheap, the quality of the food was brilliant. I would definitely recommend this pub for families, as the new manager seems to be going out of his way to improve clientele; less chavs, more families and friends. Very nice
vodka_please - 10 Oct 2013 19:57
In here today and found they had issued a new menu. Now I know that Wetherspoons are not a centre of culinary excellence but their latest offerings, in my opinion, are dire. The curry club menu has been revamped and there are no longer any de-luxe curries. My wife had the lamb rogan gosh and was hard pushed to find 2 small pieces of lamb. I had the chicken skewers which comes with a side salad and I would normally put salad cream on this. I learnt that JDW's have ceased providing this and your only choice now is mayonnaise. It appears that the majority of dishes are chicken based, i.e. the cheapest. Talking to the duty manager he said he was not aware of any dissatisfaction with the menu and that there were new items like hot dogs!!!. To my mind the food is on a lower scale than McDonalds and that's saying something. In future I will grab a snack in the nearest Greggs and just drink in JDW's.
wyndham - 6 Jun 2013 20:29
Vous retournerez ce soir à la maison dans une ambulance.
R.Pomphrey - 19 Nov 2012 14:22
As mentioned in my blog about the Penny Black I also had a downer on this place in 2009. Again, I am forced to reconsider.

Whilst the Edmund Tylney is not the most salubrious pub around, and can have some interesting characters popping in, it too has improved a bit recently, especially with the beer range on offer and the general feeling about the place. After all, it is a Wetherspoons.
Oakman100 - 31 Aug 2012 23:32