The Crown, Sheringham - pub details

Crown

Address: East Cliff, Sheringham, Norfolk, NR26 8BQ [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 14735) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Sheringham (0.3 miles), West Runton (1.5 miles), Cromer (3.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 3.9/10 (rated by 22 users)

Windham Arms, Sheringham (0.0 miles), Lobster, Sheringham (0.0 miles), Two Lifeboats, Sheringham (0.1 miles), Robin Hood, Sheringham (0.2 miles), Tyneside Club, Sheringham (0.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Crown, Sheringham

Large pub near the sea front, although the sea defences means that you can't see the sea from the outdoor drinking area. Clearly a chain pub,, but the beer was OK and food reasonable, Good service, but I don't think I would drink here if I was a local. as it totally lacks atmosphere.
simontheeditor - 10 Aug 2015 12:03
I visit Sheringham regularly several times a year. As it has been about seven years since I last visited this pub I thought I'd give it another chance after what had been a dreadful previous experience. Nothing seems to have changed. The staff have a dreadful attitude. I really cannot understand how this survives as a business!
pedantnic - 19 Apr 2014 13:57
It took some time to find the barmaid, she was out at the back chatting. Sullen and disinterested service, but the beer was OK. Prices sky high however, even for this area. Apart from two people having a coffee I was the only customer all the time I was there. I wouldn't be in a hurry to return. How did this place manage to get into the Good Beer Guide, I wonder?
biggles221 - 13 Jun 2013 16:43
I took my friend here for her birthday meal here and the fish meal was very nice indeed......they have some real ales and the staff made us welcome...will go there for a meal again...
GARYPOLAND - 11 Apr 2013 10:02
Dreadfully downtrodden,and dog-earred staff. A pity, because I've previously had good experiences in here, but my last was not so. The beer was putrid and the air was rancid from stale smoke drifting in from the door to the smoking area.The fish we were all served was still frozen in the middle. The sulky waitress could be heard in the kitchen referring to us as "f***ing twats", as we ha dared to send our non cooked still frozen in the middle fish back. With this we immediately left, paid for our drinks and she threatened to phone the police if we did not pay for our frozen fish meals. We told her to get the manager on the phone immediately as he was out at cash and carry but she refused.
We will never go back here, and we have circulated an email to our 130 team workforce not to use this place having recently moved here.

R.Pomphrey - 19 Nov 2012 14:57