The Fighting Cock, Bradford - pub details

Fighting Cock

Address: 21-23, Preston St, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD7 1JE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 7859) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Bradford Forster Square (0.8 miles), Bradford Interchange (0.9 miles), Frizinghall (1.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.6/10 (rated by 57 users)

Old Devonshire Arms, Bradford (0.1 miles), City Hotel, Bradford (0.1 miles), Peel Hotel, Bradford (0.2 miles), Black Swan, Bradford (0.3 miles), Rose and Crown, Bradford (0.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Fighting Cock, Bradford

The TFC reminds me of an excellent pub I visited in the 1980s called the Bradfordian---in fact it may be one and the same place. A basic, classic traditional heritage pub with 8 handpumps (or was it 10?---I stopped counting). Not to be missed!
16jamesdoc - 15 Aug 2014 10:17
I went in here for the first time on 27/2/13 and i was impressed by the various real ales that the pub served. I went in approx 3.30pm and left around 8.00pm even though i was only calling in for a couple of pints. It had been recommended to me by my partner who had been a regular customer in the 1980's and 90's. I would highly recommend this pub to anybody.
wiggy17 - 3 Mar 2013 21:38
This pub should be demolished immediately - and rebuilt at the bottom of my road. Quite simply the best old-fashioned, backstreet boozer I've visited in a long time.
djw - 9 Jan 2013 22:59
It's a plain old fashioned BOOZER, with mixed boozer clientele and great beer. Love it.
Richardhuddleston - 1 Jan 2013 16:11
The best of 4 pubs we tried in Bradford midweek. I would say this place is worthy of its place in the top 20 on the site. The location is a little run down. But at least parking outside was easy. There are 10 ales on offer, plus 3 ciders - Growler Lemon Head, Derventio Boars Head, Theakston old Peculier, Timothy Taylor Landlord, Best Bitter & Dark Mild, Pictish Doctor Rudi, Wylam Chinook, Copper Dragon Golden Pippin, Glentworth Henpecked & Greene King Abbot Ale. The ciders were Westons Old Rosie, Hogans Panking Pole and another from the London Cider Co. The pub has plenty of character and is divided into 3 distinct drinking areas. Although we did wonder as to how authentic the traditional look actually was. Is it made to look this way? There are plenty of old beer and cider bottles to admire on shelves high up near the ceiling. If I had only one criticism, it was that the service and the interaction with the locals seemed a bit 'cold'. Otherwise, this is a top pub and one I'm sure I will return to next time I am in Bradford.
blue_scrumpy - 28 Sep 2012 19:47