Paradise By Way Of Kensal Green, Kensal Green - pub details

Paradise By Way Of Kensal Green

Address: 19 Kilburn Lane, London, W10 4AE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 734) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Kensal Green (0.4 miles), Kensal Rise (0.4 miles), Queens Park (0.6 miles)

Nearest train stations Kensal Rise (0.4 miles), Kensal Green (0.5 miles), Queens Park - London (0.7 miles)

General information: Two tone green decor, plaster cast sculptures and a steel topped bar.

> Current user rating: 5.5/10 (rated by 45 users)
> Local guide: London pub guide

Astons, Kensal Green (0.0 miles), Regent, Kensal Green (0.0 miles), William IV, Kensal Green (0.1 miles), Flora, Kensal Town (0.2 miles), Western Arms, Kensal Town (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Paradise By Way Of Kensal Green, Kensal Green

went here on a saturday night - 4 entry and really busy inside.
friends had food here which they said was decent enough and its actually an interesting venue spread on 2 floors with a roof terrace.
the loud music and general atmosphere of the place made it feel more like a club or bar but disguised as a gastropub.
overall i have to say i liked the place although not one for the real ale drinkers.
bryanroy22 - 9 Jan 2012 10:51
I came to Paradise for the first time last week as so many of my work friends have recommended it to me. I came on a Friday night and had such a good time! We started with a lovely dinner and then moved on to the upstairs part of the pub where we enjoyed some great music and a good old dance. They also have a great roof terrace which is a really nice extra touch (when it isn't raining). Will definitely be back soon!
jane83 - 23 May 2011 13:17
I saw online the Paradise is holding ANOTHER New Years Eve masked ball 2010. Before you go and pay 25 per ticket... consider this.

I went last year (2009). There was no cloakroom (being minis 1 on the night most people were wearing coats). When I handed over 50 of my money I asked about a cloakroom and they assured me they would set one up. On arrival they hadn't. The reality was we had to carry all our bags and heavy winter coats around all night. We eventually managed to find a 'spot' as most of the chairs were taken. That meant we had to go one by one to the bar (someone had to stay with coats and bags) and meant we couldn't really dance or anything. I also found the DJing like a teenager expermenting with music in their bedroom, the system sounded awful too. The drinks way to expensive for what it was, and it was all a bit up its own jacksie! By the end of the night on picking our coats up they were covered in dirt and soaked in other peoples beer. So much so I had to put my coat in the dry cleaners and my friends coat was so soaked in beer he couldn't even put it on at the end of the night, it was dripping in beer.

I went to this pub again in the summer 2010. They wouldn't let me order from the bar menu, only a full on Sunday roast and ONLY then could I sit in the garden on a boiling hot day. Who wants to eat a Sunday roast on a boiling hot July day??? So we had to sit inside to drink our wine and that's it. In the end, we left and went to the Regent next door, where we could sit in the garden and eat and drink what we wanted, salads, burgers and bread/dips etc...

This pub tries so hard to be all things to the locals and visitors that I don't know what it is anymore. Is the Paradise a gastro pub? A resturant? A ravey night club? A private dining experience? It looks good, but whatever it is, I would never ever pay 25 per ticket for NYE again. You have been warned!! :-) x
MollyMax - 17 Dec 2010 14:06
This could be a lovely pub, in that it's a beautiful building and has an interesting decor. Unfortunately, the door-staff are incredibly rude, the dancing area upstairs is too crowded (and it's impossible to get to the toilet), and the bar food is basic, expensive and can be disgusting (don't have the Welsh Rarebit). I have no idea why there was such a long queue snaking around the building, but people seemed to be having a good time; because of the door-staff, I'm unlikely to come back here: they seemed to think they were guarding some kind of glamorous Mayfair cocktail bar, no doing security for a boozer in a grimy street off the Harrow Road.
AmnonLondon - 19 Sep 2010 11:31
I totally love this place, the bar food is as good as it gets and the bartenders are cute as buttons! really good atmosphere and great tunes, tho i gotta say that i'm more of a thursday-night gal these days -don't get me wrong, the weekends here are party-heaven and funky as hell, but i just love the fact that by week this place oozes sophistication without getting poncy with it. perfect after-work drinking!!
givusapolo - 19 Mar 2009 12:12