The Old Joint Stock, Birmingham - pub details

Old Joint Stock

Address: 4 Temple Row West, Birmingham, West Midlands, B2 5NY [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 6473) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Birmingham Snow Hill (0.2 miles), Birmingham New Street (0.2 miles), Birmingham Moor Street (0.4 miles)

Brewery: Fullers

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 6.4/10 (rated by 103 users)

Cosy Club, Birmingham (0.0 miles), Wellington, Birmingham (0.0 miles), Bureau, Birmingham (0.0 miles), Briar Rose, Birmingham (0.1 miles), Pure Bar and Kitchen, Birmingham (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Old Joint Stock, Birmingham

There are a few pubs in the UK that I have avoided in the past as their imposing appearance seem (to me) to exude exclusivity. Like Groucho, I refused to join a club that would accept me as a member. This year however I shaved, dressed neatly & decided to enter here. Have to say the interior was splendid & worth the effort but the pint of Pride (4.00) seemed poured under sufferance (even though the place was near empty mid afternoon).
Queenslander - 15 Sep 2016 22:48
Finally went here recently.

Much as I expected (like some of their London pubs) magnificent surroundings but expensive.

I had an Olivers Island which was very good.

I was amazed at the prices being asked for the boxed and bottle Vintage Ales. According to the knowledgeable barman these do sell.

Good experience but don't forget your wallet.

boblarkin - 31 Jul 2016 22:59
Splendid building, comfortable and efficient service on my visit. The Chiswick was in superb condition - but pricey at £3.45. Worth dropping-in for one, but very expensive for a session! 7/10.
wobblybob - 1 Jul 2015 16:13
lovely building! Really lovely building! I think we came at the wrong time though- took us at least 15 mins to get served on a Friday night. The beer was of great quality but kind of on the expensive side at £4 a pint.
sammybuck78 - 28 Mar 2015 16:38
Yeah - noticed the prices. Due to the evening crowds on the Thursday before XMAS, we doubled up on our rounds. 2xESB and a Large VAT provided £4 change from a score. Questioned the bar man on the price of the VAT and he said 8 or 9 quid.

I guess we are paying for the maintenance of the Dome. Either that, or the huge Xmas Tree that defied logic on how they got it in :-)
Mappiman - 19 Dec 2014 15:04