The Market Porter, Borough - pub details

Market Porter
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5]

Address: 9 Stoney Street, Borough Market, London, SE1 9AA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 433) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations London Bridge (0.2 miles), Borough (0.3 miles), Cannon Street (0.5 miles)

Nearest DLR stations Bank (0.6 miles), Tower Gateway (0.9 miles)

Nearest train stations London Bridge (0.2 miles), Cannon Street (0.5 miles), Blackfriars (0.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.2/10 (rated by 482 users)
> Local guide: London pub guide
> Post a comment > Mail a friend > Pub Of The Year

Brew Wharf, London Bridge (0.0 miles), Wheatsheaf, Borough (0.0 miles), Katzenjammers Bierkeller and Restaurant, Southwark (0.0 miles), Katzenjammers, Southwalk (0.0 miles), Wheatsheaf, Southwark (0.0 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Market Porter, Borough

A regular haunt which I returned to after a few years, this continues to be a must-visit London pub with historic associations adjacent to gorgeous (but horrifically pricey) Borough Market and with a superb selection of well kept ales. Harveys is always on while I very much enjoyed selections from the Otley Brewery on this visit. Only snag is how busy it gets - it's lovely to stand outside of a summer evening but the crowd is very male and sometimes a bit boorish. There are enough bar staff to offset the clamour at the bar so in all, excellent.
BoehmBawerk - 18 Jul 2014 09:04
Lots of fantastic real ale. Only one other thing to say if you are near by call in you will not be disappointed.

trains2064 - 4 Jul 2014 12:35

trains2064 - 4 Jul 2014 12:35
After a day in Essex watching football I came here on Saturday night to meet a few pals.

I haven't been here for at least 18 months and I'm pleased to report that nothing has changed. The beer choice is still vast, varied and excellent..so many choices.

I had all 3 beers from the Sunny Republic brewery which were Beach Blonde @ 3.7, Cherry Chocolate Porter @ 5.5% & Huna Red @ 4.2%.

Central London prices as you would expect, £4.40 for a pint of Guinness, thank god I don't drink Guinness!

I was here for around 90 minutes and the pub was packed the whole time with quite a few people standing outside even though it was pretty cold.

I want to dislike this place as it's touristy, a bit pricey etc but I can't...the beer choice is too good and the service is super quick.

Cracking pub that should be on everyone's list while in the LB / Borough area.

lezford - 17 Feb 2014 11:32

Cracking pub that should be on everyone's list while in the LB / Borough area.

lezford - 17 Feb 2014 11:03