The Gas Lamp, Manchester - pub details

Gas Lamp

Address: 50a Bridge Street, Manchester, Manchester, M3 3BW [map] [gmap]

Nearest train stations Salford Central (0.3 miles), Deansgate (0.5 miles), Manchester Victoria (0.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.9/10 (rated by 8 users)

Bridge, Manchester (0.0 miles), B Lounge @ The Bridge, Deansgate (0.0 miles), Mulligans, Deansgate (0.0 miles), Mojo, Manchester (0.0 miles), Lost Dene, Deansgate (0.0 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Gas Lamp, Manchester

Have visited a few times since my previous review. 4 hand pumps at the bar though unfortunately only 2 in action on my Saturday visit. I had a pint of Red 5 which was very pleasant and ruby/red in colour as one may guess from the name. Once again served in a traditional dimpled tankard. Well worth a visit.
RealAleRobUK - 23 Jun 2015 22:02
A basement bar with a couple of cask ales available.
alexw - 13 Mar 2014 22:48
Enjoyed a well-kept pint of microbrewery cask ale here. Friendly welcome and service. Unusual and distinctive. Well worth a visit.
wobblybob - 25 Aug 2013 19:28
Only been once, but it was clean and pleasant and certainly unusual. A few real ales to choose from and served in a proper old fashioned glass tankard. I'd definitely visit again if drinking in this part of town.
RealAleRobUK - 16 Jul 2013 17:11
Stumbled across this basement bar on our way in to Manchester on a Saturday evening after having a few around Salford. I can appreciate its not everyone's cup of tea but we agreed it was great if you like that kind of thing which fortunately we do! Its kind of like a larger,cleaner version of the Temple Bar on Great Bridgewater street. I had a pint of Brooklyn Lager on draft which I've got a bit of a taste for recently & whilst it wasn't cheap at £3.40 it was a pretty nice drink. Some trappiste beers in the fridge which were tempting but a bit strong for me on a pub crawl! maybe next time as I'm due to be in Manchester soon with the Mrs for a gig.
newseeker - 12 Mar 2013 18:59