[image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5] [image 6]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 3625) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube station Brixton (0.8 miles)

Nearest train stations Loughborough Jn (0.2 miles), Denmark Hill (0.5 miles), Brixton (0.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.6/10 (rated by 33 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, South East London pub guide

Fox on the Hill, Denmark Hill (0.3 miles), Sun and Doves, Camberwell (0.4 miles), Jack Beards at the Plough, Camberwell (0.4 miles), Hero of Switzerland, Brixton (0.4 miles), Robin Hood and Little John, Camberwell (0.4 miles) - see more nearby pubs

A couple of weeks back I made my first ever visit here on a Sunday afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised.

It was around 3.30pm when myself and 2 others arrived and the pub was pretty busy. Food was being served and was proving very popular.

Not much ale choice so I opted for the only beer that was on, this was Sharp’s Doom Bar which is one of my personal favs and so good that I had 4 pints.

The pub has been transformed from a flagging back street local to a very good gastro pub with an upmarket clientele.

After an hour or so a jazz singer and her band started playing, the music was good and didn’t really disturb us while we talked.

Apart from only 1 ale on this is a very nice pub and maybe next time I may try the food, definitely worth a visit if you’re in the Loughborough Junction area.
lezford - 24 Nov 2014 13:35
Just been back here for the first time in a little while. We tried their Tuesday curry night buffet, which was excellent value. Still a good atmosphere too.
timlloyd - 13 Sep 2011 21:30
Excellent pint of Doom Bar and a good crowd in for the Thursday night quiz. Food looked amazing.
pezza132 - 14 Jan 2011 15:23
used to go regularly at weekends, but 2 complaints, the food is hit and miss for the prices (yes, sourced from smithfields etc but often overcooked) but the main gripe is if you go for a quiet pint daytime over the weekend it feels like a kindergarden - have nothing against little ones but yummy mums and dads knocking back drinks whilst darlings hurl themselves around other punters not so relaxing.

Nice staff, very friendly.
pintisright - 6 Jan 2011 17:21
I can't comment on the service Independantreviewer (surely should be independentrevieweer!) received - even the best pubs make the occasional cock-up. However whatever burger he had is nothing like the burgers I have tasted at The Cambria which have always been brilliant. I actually decided to have the steak for a change recently and, although good, wasn't a good as the burgers I normally have. And The Cambria is definitely an oasis in the middle the completely depressing Loughborough Junction area.of
malkythealky - 29 Sep 2010 14:59