The Seven Stars, Chancery Lane - pub details

Seven Stars

Address: 53-54, Carey St, London, WC2A 2JB [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 3395) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Chancery Lane (0.3 miles), Temple (0.3 miles), Holborn (0.4 miles)

Nearest train stations City Thameslink (0.4 miles), Farringdon (0.5 miles), Blackfriars (0.5 miles)

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 6.4/10 (rated by 155 users)

Knights Templar, Chancery Lane (0.1 miles), Old Bank of England, Fleet Street (0.1 miles), Blue Anchor, Chancery Lane (0.1 miles), Southerner, Temple (0.1 miles), George, Temple (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Seven Stars, Chancery Lane

Visited for old times sake. Neither Roxy nor her cat were there. Despite being 6' 2" and over 15 stone I seemed invisible as the bar staff served legal types who had arrived after me! My pint of Darkstar was good but the Adnams wasn't quite right. Not sure how it should be changed but something need changing!
StephenM123 - 23 Sep 2016 18:15
A survivor from pre-Great Fire days, this is a long narrow pub right in the middle of the Inns of Court area. Eclectic decor and surprisingly bohemian for such an area.
rainlight - 9 Apr 2016 09:28
Visited this pub a week or so back.Nice setting and you pass a few land marks on you way from Holborn station.Pub is small and a bit grotty to say the least),but the beer was excellent. I had both the Adnams southwold and the Harveys IPA.
Barman was chirpy enough,but the pub isn't overly friendly. Got the distinct impression I wasn't particurly welcome to be honest.Glad I went, but wont return. it gets a 6 for the quality of the ale alone
tottenhamsean - 8 Feb 2016 10:32
Grotty little place that clearly has its fans. The beer's okay, the staff don't seem any worse than many other London pubs and the stairs are steep. The men's toilets are out of order at the moment and I doubt they'll be fixed any time soon. I suppose a visit here is part of the great London pub experience but I wouldn't recommend a return.
djw - 9 Jun 2015 22:58
A short walk down from Chancery Lane brings me to pub number one of my Friday night crawl.

I’ve never been here before and am quite taken aback but what a lovely old looking pub this is, it’s almost hidden in amongst the buildings

Hanging baskets outside give a colourful look to the dark building that apparently dates from 1602!

Old floor boards inside, it feels very Intimate. There are a few impressive mirrors advertising breweries hanging on the walls giving the impression it’s larger inside than it actually is.

Now to the beers….5 pumps which were dispensing 3 ales they were Dark Star Hophead, Adnams Southwold & Broadside. I opted for 2 pints of Hophead and they were both excellent.

Unfortunately I didn’t see the pub cat on my visit.

A great pub to start a Friday night pub crawl in, now onto Clerkenwell.
lezford - 12 Aug 2014 14:31