The Victory, Hereford - pub details

Victory

Address: 88 St Owen Street, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR1 2QD [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 3324) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train station Hereford (0.6 miles)

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 6.3/10 (rated by 38 users)

Barrels, Hereford (0.1 miles), Volunteer Inn, Hereford (0.1 miles), Golden Fleece, Hereford (0.2 miles), Brewers Arms, Hereford (0.3 miles), Union Bar, Hereford (0.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Victory, Hereford

Can be hit & miss - wasn't keen on the pint of Old Bull (kind of lived up to it's name a bit too literally) but it's worth a drop by to see the bar and you may catch the ale on a good day.
Snarling_Mallard - 26 Nov 2013 21:46
Nice looking pub inside and the home of Hereford Brewery but sadly the beers weren't really to my taste and all 3 we tried were a little samey with the least Golden ale I've ever see.
Worth a try but pales by comparison with The Barrels down the road.
bromsgrovebeerboy - 4 Aug 2013 12:58
Second pub of the day for me in Hereford and it turned out to be the best of what was a poor selection. The Victory has a wonderful mock-up of the ship of the same name, which forms the bar itself. Hereford brewery beers are served - Ju-bull-ation, Best Bitter, HLA, Fresh Local Real Ale & Herefordian Mild were all on. There were also 2 Westons ciders - 1st Quality & Old Rose and their Country Perry. Both the cider and the mild I tried were in good condition. Recommended.
blue_scrumpy - 29 Jul 2012 21:06
Visited yesterday and I would more or less echo the comments of rob1981 below. Very disappointing. Walked in to find it almost empty on a Saturday afternoon (which probably says a lot). The interior is interesting enough and not as run down as some of the comments below would indicate, open fire burning as well which was nice.
I had a pint of Old Bull which was ok ish. However, my wife ordered a pint of Westons country perry which was absolutely rancid. As it was poured half of the glass was fizz and foam, with the barmaid insistent that it was "supposed to be like that"! Erm, no it isn't. It tasted like vinegar and when I asked for another one the barmaid looked at me like I had run over her cat or something. To be fair she then tasted it and agreed it was off, and reluctantly got us another one from one of the other real cider handpulls (Bounds Brand I think). This was also reminiscent of vinegar, although we had lost the will to live at that point and really could not be bothered with the hassle of taking it back again and just left it.
Hard to believe this pub remains in the Good Beer Guide and I doubt it'll stay there for long unless it gets its act together. Shame.
stfc81 - 19 Feb 2012 12:24
I visited the Victory Pub in Hereford as recommended by fellow workers. I can only say that I was happy to walk into the premises of the Victory and was received with open arms, the Bar Maid was lovely and welcoming and very polite. I was advised that there was a free jukebox and could choice my music choice. I met one of the Brewers "Matt" and was exceptionally warm and identified characteristics of ownership and showed me around the brewery, which was one of the highlights of my visit, I can only recommend that this pub to all Ale drinkers. I have reviewed previous posts and can only suggest that the premises was tidy and warm. I visited the premises later on the night and identified a full vibrant pub, with a number of locals from Hereford. I will be visiting these premises again. :)
Sperkylovesale - 23 Apr 2011 01:10