Alfold Barn, Alfold - pub details

Address: Horsham Rd, Alfold, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8JE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 31155) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

> Current user rating: 6.6/10 (rated by 51 users)
> Local guide: Surrey pub guide

Three Compasses, Alfold (0.8 miles), Crown, Alfold (0.8 miles), Sir Roger Titchbourne, Alfold Bars (1.1 miles)

user reviews of Alfold Barn, Alfold

This is my favourite eating place. The beer is fine, although I am a wine drinker. The menu has a good choice, the food is excellent and is good value. The service is very friendly and attentive. The chef is happy to suggest dishes which are not on the menu at the time, or to prepare something you particularly like. We keep going back.
browserandsluiver - 10 Jan 2012 13:30
Yes this is a restaurant not so much a pub so take it for what it is.
These one hit comments do stink I have to say,my baby woke and the chef went and cooked him something, Really get real !!!!
Dementer - 2 Dec 2011 15:49
We have been to the Barn twice now and both times were very impressed. The Sunday lunch is superb - lovely local meat, perfect vegetables in copious quantities, excellent roasties and all served quickly and courteously. The staff cannot do enough, they are polite and friendly and are always offering to bring extras of everything. My three year old liked the Yorkshire puddings so much that they brought him three more and he ate free! Children are welcomed with open arms generally. Yesterday the chef was taking a break at the end of lunch service, but when my baby woke up, she spotted him and immediately offered to go back to the kitchen to make something for him. I cannot say enough good things about this place. We live 30 minutes away by car, but will be coming back as often as we can. So glad we found it. Ignore the 6.6 rating - if I could rate it 11, I would.
Castlehardy - 28 Nov 2011 15:40
To be fair it is not a pub, its a resturant, good food, but no pub atmosphere what so ever.
greengu11 - 16 Nov 2011 10:58
It`s a give away when someone posts a one off comment saying `Amazing,Spectaclar` etc etc.
Nope not having any of it thankyou very much.
No rating given either.