The Richmal Crompton, Bromley - pub details

Previously called: Wetherspoons

Richmal Crompton

Address: 23 Westmoreland Place, Bromley, Kent, BR1 1DS [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 2729) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Bromley South (0.2 miles), Bromley North (0.6 miles), Shortlands (0.8 miles)

Chain: Lloyds

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 4.2/10 (rated by 66 users)
> Local guide: Kent pub guide

Slug and Lettuce, Bromley (0.1 miles), Henry's Cafe Bar, Bromley (0.1 miles), Metropolis Karaoke & Music Bar, Bromley (0.1 miles), Abbaye, Bromley (0.3 miles), Partridge, Bromley (0.4 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Richmal Crompton, Bromley

Why dont the staff serve down the other end of the bar ?

They seems to be connected to the coffee machine and never venture far from it.

Even if they customers waiting they serve the customers in line like a queue, and make a point of avoiding eye contact with anyone but other staff.

Ladies toilet is a dump, tables need to be cleared more often,

Also the staff need to have words with the old fogies that stand at the bar and just get in the way of the beer pumps.

Shagnastie - 13 Dec 2013 03:45
I visited twice last night and...the first time out of the 8 ales on tap only 4 were available and only one of these was not the normal 'Spoons ales.

On my return about 3 and a half hours later there were 7 beers on...much more impressive and exactly what you would expect from this establishment.

Still soulless on a Tuesday night (both times) but at least the staff were on the ball.

lezford - 27 Nov 2013 11:50
Since this place opened I have probably used it at least once every 2 months…and each time I vow not to return unless I’m blinking desperate….well I must be desperate as I keep returning when I’m in Bromley!

The choice of ales is always good and I’ve never had a bad pint.

Service can be very slow sometimes, even when it’s not a Friday or Saturday night, I suppose serving food is more important than the paying alcohol drinkers that keep pubs afloat.

Nearly always packed to the rafters at weekends, normally several under age looking drinkers. Occasionally there’s also trouble hence why the pub employs door staff.

lezford - 13 Aug 2013 13:55
Large cricket pavilion like pub , light and airy,an impressive new wave Wetherspoons.The service was slightly worse than average, the beer selection was very poor most ales were either 2coming soon" or "had just gone off" ,the three left on werea couple of Adnams and the Caledonian Golden Sun, the latter being almost drinkable. The Food was an absolute disaster of monumental proportions, very slow to arrive,cold congealed, off colour dried out carrots, some parts of the meal not on the plate( a 'spoons favourite trick at the moment). I was told in comes in packs, I replied that the meal was badly cooked and food should be served in an edible condition. Enter this pub at your peril and do not just order because it is architectually pleasing to the eye.0/10 a complete disaster. How did it ever get to 4.3??? The mind boggles!!
slerpy - 11 Jun 2012 14:06
Too funny...I thought about this pub when I got back from my London holi's in October. Got off Bromley S vs. North, so I had a few moments to knock down a bottle of Becks waiting for my mate to pick me up. I have never seen a pub as big as this. Maybe being used to city pubs, don't know. For some reason it looked a bit intimitading, but I think it was because of the size and how it might be different when it was rocking at night. Anyway...nice young lady at the bar who was friendly, and the rest of the bar staff seemed to be polite.

Joseph65 - 24 Jan 2012 19:13