The Somerstown Coffee House, Euston - pub details

Somerstown Coffee House
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: 60, Chalton St, London, NW1 1HS [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 25936) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Euston Square (0.2 miles), Euston (0.2 miles), King's Cross St. Pancras (0.3 miles)

Nearest train stations London St Pancras (0.2 miles), London Euston (0.2 miles), London Kings Cross - Thameslink (0.3 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.4/10 (rated by 46 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, Central London pub guide

Rocket, Euston (0.1 miles), Cock Tavern, Euston (0.1 miles), Royal George, Euston (0.1 miles), Euston Flyer, Euston (0.1 miles), Prince Arthur, Euston (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Somerstown Coffee House, Euston

This is a nice place, but it is indeed expensive… but that tends to be the rule of thumb in this area unless you go to the likes of O’Neils or Rocket. Few ales and a good wine list so can cater for most clienteles. However, I think I’m just unfortunate that each time I go I get the scattiest barman EVER, very friendly but tire with having to tell him my order at least 3 times as he keeps forgetting. Service can be slow, but the setting is nice. They also have a very small beer garden at the back which is totally enclosed.

I have been quite a few times and each time it is a good evening, there is a nice chilled atmosphere every time I visit. There is a cocktail bar downstairs which people generally tend to vacate to as the evening progresses where the music is louder and you can have a dance if you wish.

I have only ordered food once and would never do so again. I only ordered snack foods and after waiting 45 minutes, it still hadn’t arrived. I queried, it then came out 15 minutes later, it was delicious but was still frozen in the middle – so sent it back, got a refund and left.

Oh and if you want to use the mirror in the laddies toilet, you have to be at least 6’3’’!
B3XTER - 5 Jun 2014 16:16
The best pub in the area, IMHO. It's expensive - I don't recall paying for less than 3 a pint of anything, and a packet of crisps nudge the 1 mark. Still, I consider much of that cash going towards friendly staff and clientele in a well maintained environment. Pleasant as heck. Just make sure you've remortgaged your house first.
Ruby - 1 Aug 2012 14:20
Worst meal I've never paid for. They have got so much wrong. Dirty plates. Dirty cutlery. Dirty tables. Candle wax covering top of pepper pot. No light in ladies toilet. No toilet roll in gents. Food cooked to order? I don't think so. Over priced " British Tapas". Warmed up roast spuds. Soggy and inedible. I could go on. Beer was ok. Service average. Was looking forward to my visit after looking at their website. A pub with aspirations that really need to up their ante. Quite shocking really.
Tuna - 29 Apr 2012 18:18
Another pub in the Euston area we tried for the first time on Sunday evening. The Somerstown Coffee House appears to be part of a small chain. It's a gastropub type place that has a pleasant atmosphere. It's also a little bigger than it initially looks. Clientele were mainly young(ish) 30-somethings. Bar staff were friendly and the toilets were in a good condition. Brains Rev James, Courage Best & Directors, Youngs Gold & Adnams Lighthouse were the real ales on offer. Stowford Press was the cider. Better than I had expected.
blue_scrumpy - 23 Apr 2012 19:05
Stumbled across this by accident, and happy to have done so. Six ales on, and I had a guest ale which was excellent. Bar staff pleasant, some tables for eating and some battered sofas for lying about, and a friendly atmosphere throughout I thought. Was reasonably busy at post-work time, which was nice to see. Recommended as a good place to meet in the Euston/St Pancras area as it beats a number of other pubs nearby.
cid - 18 Apr 2012 11:49