The Victoria Inn, Borth - pub details

Victoria Inn

Address: Borth High Street, Borth, Dyfed, SY24 5HZ [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 25192) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Borth (0.1 miles), Aberdovey (4.1 miles), Penhelig (4.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.8/10 (rated by 8 users)

Friendship Inn, Borth (0.1 miles), Railway Inn, Borth (0.2 miles)

user reviews of the Victoria Inn, Borth

May 2012 - Closed for refurbishment. A Loss! Hopefully it will be back with a bang, soon.
ed_hodge - 9 May 2012 20:47
Have been visiting Borth for ten years and we have some lovely memories. However, over Easter weekend we had a strange experience in the Victoria. My nephew was waiting at the bar, which was busy. We were a big family party of 21. I approached the bar, just as the barman asked my nephew what he would like to drink. The landlady indicated to me and told the barman to serve me first. I indicated to my nephew and said he has been waiting. The landlady, who wouldn't have known we were in the same party, said, "He can wait." Why was that? I wish I'd said something at the time. He's a hard-working young man, and you can tell just by looking at him that he's a decent 23 year old; and he'd only had one drink. It just seemed very rude and unnecessary, but of course, my nephew took it on the chin because he has been brought up better than this unfortunate landlady!
Borther - 26 Apr 2011 08:00
One of the best places to be on a sunny day, on their duplex sun terrace out the back. Grab a table on the roof if you can for some amazing views over the Irish Sea. Had a fairly average Black Sheep in here, a few other lagers on tap, wasn't too fussed about the beer as the view made up for it.
LeedsStew - 21 Apr 2010 15:14
Really nice refurb - dining/drinking area with sea views, and a veranda with a stunning sunset vista.
BUT...despite advertised opening hours, the pub was shut at 7pm when we tried to pay a second visit. (Is this a Borth idiosynchrity - Friendship opposite also has erratic opening policy?)
Keep trying - it will be worth it.
ed_hodge - 7 May 2009 18:19
The Vic has changed hands this year and is no longer lilac. It has been taken over by Punch and is white and quite smart. They still do a decent pint and the food is good.
No doubt there will be things happening there but I don't know what yet.
2020oldfogey - 16 Jul 2008 19:42