The Spotted Cow, Fishponds - pub details

Spotted Cow

Address: 120 Lodge Causeway, Fishponds, Bristol, Bristol, BS16 3JP [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 24380) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Stapleton Road (1.6 miles), Lawrence Hill (1.9 miles), Montpelier (2.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.4/10 (rated by 10 users)

Greyhound, Fishponds (0.0 miles), Golden Lion, Bristol (0.2 miles), Cross Keys, Fishponds (0.2 miles), Star Inn, Fishponds (0.3 miles), Railway Tavern, Fishponds (0.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Spotted Cow, Fishponds

the landlady of this pub and her partner are 2 of the nicest people you will ever meet and they have also made this pub like a special little home , the shelves are packed with items like chocolate and stuff u wouldnt usually find in a pub..also there are televisions and a pool wi-fi and u can even charge up your mobility scooter for a small charge....the food is excellent too....i cant praise this pub enough and the landlady and landlord have brilliant personalities and they will try to help you whenever they can
TheFoodDevourer - 10 Jul 2013 08:06
two handpumps with just butcombe on, so opted for thatchers(2.90). Reasonably friendly place with attractive barmaid, 6/10
fat_beer_badger - 3 Sep 2012 20:50
The cow has had another change of landlord, yet again, just before christmas 2011. We hoped it would be a saving grace for this pub, which could be a very good local.
Things were going good, food started with more customers comming in, and some entertainment at the weekends was provided. Things were looking up....or so we thought.
Recently I started hearing reports that the landlord has lost all his bar staff (walked out) and that regular customers were leaving in their droves. I could not believe this, so one night I went in to find out what was going on. And I wish I had not. The landlord was very rude with a take-it-or-leave-it attitude. So I left it never to return.
TNCSELECT - 18 Apr 2012 20:37
still the some at the cow,nice to see that the police are not there ever weekend.toilet still need a good clean ,the smell bad. only got 4 stars for food as the keys got 5 stars that says alot.
woodwell - 18 Jul 2010 14:52
Any rating system is a matter of taste - if you like loud chavs, lazy staff (it took over 30min for our plates to be taken away) and poor food then this is the place for you. The whole time the barmaid served me she was talking to some kids who must have been her friends at the bar, and when I asked for ice...if looks could kill.

It was my first and definitely my last visit.
lovestheponds - 24 Jun 2010 16:28