The Stag, Enfield - pub details

Stag

Address: Little Park Gardens, Enfield, Middlesex, EN2 6PH [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 20820) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Enfield Chase (0.2 miles), Enfield Town (0.3 miles), Gordon Hill (0.8 miles)

> Current user rating: 3.2/10 (rated by 28 users)

Old Wheatsheaf, Enfield (0.1 miles), Kings Head, Enfield (0.2 miles), Crown and Horseshoes, Enfield (0.2 miles), George, Enfield (0.2 miles), Cricketers, Enfield (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Stag, Enfield

this used to be a nice local with a fine restaurant above it: It has just been refurbished into a beerless hole for pretentious twats.

The owners clearly want to run a wine bar, not a pub.
If you want real ale, the Old Wheatsheaf and Crown and Horseshoes are close by and offer a much pleasanter environment.
czartank - 29 Oct 2015 15:23
pretentious and expensive. Only one real ale (green king ipa), cheaper alternatives within easy reach.

noisy and intrusive music
czartank - 20 Dec 2011 20:29
having had our first afternoon off in quite a while, I headed to the stag with my wife for al eisurely lunch. We quickly placed our order and took our seats. The food on arrival was poorly presented and very slapdash. My wife did not like her jacket potato with tuna and sweetcorn and requested an alternate dish. It was then that we were accosted by a 6 foot larger lout, (no introduction made), who began to berate my wife for sending the food back and became very hostile and threatening to her. deciding that this was not acceptable I then had a heated argument with said larger lout (the owner one might presume) and he threw us out!! Needless to say I advise giving this pub a miss..poor food, poor service,no respect for customers..ruined what was a very good day!
stormcrow1211 - 9 Oct 2011 22:32
Went to the room upstairs for a meal for a hen party. I was stacked with notes and happy to spend them. However, the two waitresses refused to bring us drinks to our tables (they told us to go downstairs to get them) they wouldn't even bring us a bottle of wine! The terrible service didn't end there, the food came out at different times, one dish nearly an hour after the others. The waitress argued with one of the party about a steak which was nearly burnt, she'd asked for it rare. The waitress actually said, " No, that is rare!" We were shocked at the terrible service! The food was average, mostly lukewarm too. It all came out in dribs and drabs. When we ordered dessert, she kept tutting when people ordered the profiteroles, and kept saying " why do you all want this? We don't have enough!" I am still in shock at the rudeness of them! They ignored our request for jugs of water. The chocolate sauce on the profiteroles was just melted chocolate ice cream! Plus we only got two of them each, I would expect at least three. I will never go there again or recommend it to anyone. We didn't finish our meal until 11pm, despite siting down at 8pm. The food took over 2 hours to arrive.

The barmaid that served us downstairs, a tall, slim blond lady was very good and friendly, but this is the only thing to recommend the pub. We left early, despite it's late licence, desperate to go somewhere that actually would give us drinks!

They even accused us of stealing a plate of food, which is disgusting. I don't know how the manager can accept service like this. No wonder the place was empty. Downstairs was pretty empty too as we left.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!
lizzyausten - 3 Jul 2011 15:54
looks rather pretentious from the exterior however i think the previous reviews have not done the place justice,only Greene king ipa and London pride on cask but the pride was totally spot on(3.40),service was fast and friendly and the place was nicely decked out,good value food menu aswell 7/10
fat_beer_badger - 25 Apr 2011 17:57