The Cavern, Raynes Park - pub details

Cavern

Address: 100-102 Coombe Lane, Raynes Park, London, SW20 0AY [map] [gmap]

Nearest train stations Raynes Park (0.2 miles), Wimbledon Chase (0.9 miles), New Malden (1.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.3/10 (rated by 50 users)
> Local guide: London pub guide

Raynes Park Tavern, Raynes Park (0.1 miles), Edward Rayne, Raynes Park (0.2 miles), Junction Tavern, Raynes Park (0.4 miles), Hand In Hand, Wimbledon Common (0.8 miles), Crooked Billet, Wimbledon Common (0.8 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Cavern, Raynes Park

I have been using this pub for many years and I know the owner very well. What he achieves in this pub is nothing short of miraculous. It's free to get in and has the top bands in London at cheap pub prices. I have read all the previous reviews people bitching about being asked to leave because they didn't have a drink!! What do they expect....... It's a pub and the only way it can survive if people come in and buy a few drinks! It's not rocket science is it. Ask yourself this question...... Why would he throw out someone that had a drink from his business??? That's what he strives to do, get people into the pub and have a drink. It's obvious that the ones he throws out DO NOT have a drink or are making no attempt to buy one. He is one of the best managers I've ever witnessed but he does not suffer fools gladly. He will tell you to Fekking get out if you are seen to be not playing the game. I for one will continue to drink in here till my dying day and snigger when I see him remove people that are drinkless. Keep up the good work dude!
ThumbScrew - 16 Apr 2016 12:20
This pub is a dive but does have great music. I went twice a week to see bands but never again. I had just finished my first pint when the landlord came over and aggressively said 'buy a drink this is a pub' I indignantly replied alright mate when he then threateningly said (close to my face) "get out my pub fuck off '. I have never been spoken to like that before so I was happy to leave. His loss four of us used to go there regularly and spent money.
terrythreadingham - 19 Mar 2016 00:25
Good music, reasonable as a pub - London Pride and Doom Bar plus Wimbledon Common Pale Ale. Mostly a music venue I suppose and the more important now the Grey Horse and the Peel are gone.
rainlight - 12 Dec 2015 19:06
Went to this pub last night expecting a chilled out gig in a music-friendly venue, one that I've previously enjoyed. First up, I was charged 80p for a pint of soda water (fair enough, some pubs charge, some don't, I don't mind either way) but had to point out to the barman that he'd delivered me a half pint. "I suppose you can have a pint if you want," he said reluctantly, and replaced it (no additional charge!), but the rude shock was still to come. My friend and I were chatting, waiting for the band to come on, when the publican swung by and informed her that she had to buy a drink to stay and watch the band. She said friendily that she was going to do that when the band started, as we were still busy chatting, and we took it as a bit of light banter. He came back a little later, peered over her shoulder to see she still wasn't holding a drink, and then informed her loudly that she had to buy a drink to watch the band. "Where does it say that?" she asked reasonably, and he went and swung open the pub door. We were expecting him to point out a sign we'd both missed, but instead he began shouting, "Get out! Leave!" As she went out onto the pavement he abused her and used language completely inappropriate for ANY situation. She was understandably shaken and upset, so we adjourned to another pub further down the road which was far more welcoming, comfortable AND cheaper. We missed out on the evening's entertainment, but I had no intention of remaining in a pub where patrons are abused and ejected for no good reason whatsoever. AVOID.
Rockerchick - 9 Jul 2015 09:14
Visited last night, Doom bar on and kept well, live music which was soft rock,friendly and efficient bar staff. Locals all friendly and enjoyed evening.
dariogirl - 24 Jan 2015 18:31