The Cavern, Raynes Park - pub details

Cavern

Address: 100-102 Coombe Lane, Raynes Park, London, SW20 0AY [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 154) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Raynes Park (0.2 miles), Wimbledon Chase (0.9 miles), New Malden (1.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.1/10 (rated by 53 users)

Raynes Park Tavern, Raynes Park (0.1 miles), Edward Rayne, Raynes Park (0.2 miles), Junction Tavern, Raynes Park (0.4 miles), Hand In Hand, Wimbledon Common (0.8 miles), Crooked Billet, Wimbledon Common (0.8 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Cavern, Raynes Park

Dear general public and live music fans i dare not repeat the reason but please avoid this hole its a tucking killing machine !
easystep73 - 4 Jul 2019 19:33
I went to this pub last night, me and my party arrived and sat down. We was waiting for everyone to get in before get drinks (two were outside smoking). We were chilling out, enjoying the music, then suddenly the landlord comes up and says "you need to buy a drink or get out". I was shocked, we had been in there not 5 minutes.

I understand he expects people to buy drinks, it is a pub after all. But, we had literally just arrived and was nearly immediately asked to buy drinks. So, we got a few drinks, but one of my friends wasn't drinking; she wasn't feeling too good. He comes over and tells her to 'buy a drink or fuck off'. I said to him "hey mate, she's not feeling too good" and he replies to me "get out, fuck off".

I feel this is because we weren't locals, it looks like a local pub. But, that's no excuse for the landlord to be a complete bastard.

MrMeade - 10 Jul 2016 17:20
I have been using this pub for many years and I know the owner very well. What he achieves in this pub is nothing short of miraculous. It's free to get in and has the top bands in London at cheap pub prices. I have read all the previous reviews people bitching about being asked to leave because they didn't have a drink!! What do they expect....... It's a pub and the only way it can survive if people come in and buy a few drinks! It's not rocket science is it. Ask yourself this question...... Why would he throw out someone that had a drink from his business??? That's what he strives to do, get people into the pub and have a drink. It's obvious that the ones he throws out DO NOT have a drink or are making no attempt to buy one. He is one of the best managers I've ever witnessed but he does not suffer fools gladly. He will tell you to Fekking get out if you are seen to be not playing the game. I for one will continue to drink in here till my dying day and snigger when I see him remove people that are drinkless. Keep up the good work dude!
ThumbScrew - 16 Apr 2016 12:20
This pub is a dive but does have great music. I went twice a week to see bands but never again. I had just finished my first pint when the landlord came over and aggressively said 'buy a drink this is a pub' I indignantly replied alright mate when he then threateningly said (close to my face) "get out my pub fuck off '. I have never been spoken to like that before so I was happy to leave. His loss four of us used to go there regularly and spent money.
terrythreadingham - 19 Mar 2016 00:25
Good music, reasonable as a pub - London Pride and Doom Bar plus Wimbledon Common Pale Ale. Mostly a music venue I suppose and the more important now the Grey Horse and the Peel are gone.
rainlight - 12 Dec 2015 19:06