Sandbar, Manchester - pub details

Address: 120-122 Grosvenor Street, Manchester, M1 7HL [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 1183) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Manchester Oxford Road (0.3 miles), Manchester Piccadilly (0.5 miles), Deansgate (0.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.1/10 (rated by 46 users)

Pub, Manchester (0.0 miles), Trof The Deaf Institute, Manchester (0.1 miles), Footage, Manchester (0.1 miles), Scubar, Manchester (0.1 miles), Royal Northern College of Music Bar, Manchester (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Sandbar, Manchester

As good as remembered on 2 previous visits. Mainly students but a few families as well. Really characterful and with good service.

The beer range remains broad, and although there were quite a few real ale drinkers it can mean that cask turnover for some of the range is affected. Of 2 Privateer beers, 1 was good and 1 was average.

mtaylor40 - 11 May 2015 23:02
How a bar should be and now something of an old favourite having been on the scene for a decade and a half now. Like a previous interlocutor, I was impressed with the Clwyd Gold and they do have a nice mix of real ales and craft beers. Distressed brick interiors makes you half expect Adrian Sherwood to be on the soundsystem and the location is good between university and city centre.
BoehmBawerk - 1 May 2015 16:38
Called in again recently. Sampled a superb pint of stout from the aptly named Outstanding Brewery. Okay, it was delivered via keg but if it tastes good, who am I to complain? I'd give 10/10 purely on the stout alone!

Because of the nature of its location, my visits are less frequent than I'd like. The pub has got a very bohemian feel, which adds to the experience in my opinion.

Keep it up!
realalerules1983 - 3 Jul 2014 15:49
First time in a here for quite a few years - only because I don't get down Oxford Road much these days. Friendly service, excellently-kept ale - Clwyd Gold - and relaxed atmosphere. Well worth a visit and still 10/10.
wobblybob - 26 Apr 2014 17:45
Popped in here for the first time yesterday. Prices were about average for Manchester. As I entered the place I thought it was quite small, then as I searched for a place to sit, I discovered it had many rooms dotted all over. Nice relaxed atmosphere. I will definitely return.
realalerules1983 - 26 Jun 2013 10:42