The Prince of Wales, Wimbledon - pub details

Prince of Wales

Address: 2 Hartfield Rd, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3TA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 104) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Wimbledon (0.1 miles), South Wimbledon (0.8 miles)

Nearest train stations Wimbledon (0 miles), Haydons Road (0.9 miles), Wimbledon Chase (0.9 miles)

Chain: T&J Bernard

> Current user rating: 5.3/10 (rated by 89 users)
> Local guide: London pub guide

Bertie's Bar, Wimbledon (0.0 miles), Slug and Lettuce, Wimbledon (0.0 miles), Yates's, Wimbledon (0.0 miles), Edwards, Wimbledon (0.0 miles), Terrace, Wimbledon (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Prince of Wales, Wimbledon

Paid a return visit to the Prince of Wales on Monday. Prices haven't improved. £4.55 for a pint of Old Rosie cider, with the 10% CAMRA discount. Ales were Old Speckled Hen, Wandle & Lion. Mad Goose had run out shortly before we arrived. The presence of Old Rosie was a decent surprise though. This is a spacious pub that shows live football. In an era when even Sky are pricing out pubs and I tried several near to me who can no longer afford their subscription, it can be relied on if you want to watch the football. There always seems to be plenty of available seats when I've been. Convenient for the station.
blue_scrumpy - 14 Sep 2016 20:59
Nice pub with good beer but horribly expensive
Aztecgoat - 14 Nov 2015 21:35
Second Taylor Walker pub I tried in South West London yesterday. This one is right opposite Wimbledon station. It is therefore likely to be busy and you'll pay through the nose for your beer. Plenty of seating and plenty of TVs to watch the match. Plenty were doing just that, including me, for a change. 4 ales were on - Bombardier, Tea, Wainwright & Doom Bar. £20 was not enough for a round of drinks for 5 people, even though the pub offers a 10% discount for CAMRA members. £5 for a bottle anyone? Nice enough, but not at those prices.
blue_scrumpy - 29 Dec 2014 23:14
It's a while since I visited this pub. It used to be so much better before the pointless so-called music started causing general distress. The last time I called in, there was a drunk sitting at the bar and when I asked the barman for a pint of Old Peculier, the drunk looked at the beer's logo and said: 'Some people are old and peculier.'
I didn't take it personally but it was the peculier noise emanating from loudspeakers that ensured that I would not be visiting again.
Padderborn - 19 Nov 2014 19:07
I cannot agree with the reviews above. This is an excellent pub very handy for the station and the tram. It has a row of hand pumps serving probably my 5 favourite beers, all in excellent condition. The service is fine, and I haven't noticed any out of order prices. There is a loo on the level, a great advantage for people like me and rather uncommon nowadays. Also, although I shouldn't say this, you can nip down to the downstairs loo when called a bit short in Wimbledon without going in to the bar. The Station did not have a loo at all until recently would you believe, and the new one (hurray) will take 5 mins to find.
There is also the "wine bar" downstairs with live music of a very high standard and access to a bit where people can smoke. It is open till midnight on weekdays. The food looks good though I haven't tried it. What's not to like. An unfaultable pub and real ale heaven. I wish there was one in Croydon
jdpub - 7 Jun 2014 21:11